eBay - fancy a new society?

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
I'd rather it went to a new ref to wear but if you bought it via membership or were given it, then it's yours to do with as you wish. I tend to donate all my old kit.

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
How do society people feel about their kit appearing on eBay?

For example - anyone want to referee as a Hampshire Society Ref?
http://bit.ly/1aw60BX

Maybe you would prefer Devon?
http://bit.ly/1aw6qs7

Or just promote yourself to the National Panel!
http://bit.ly/1aw6sQX

Does it matter?

Who sells it & who buys it?

Quite often see a NSW Rugby referee shirt offered on ebay in Aus. This makes me laugh as it is common knowledge among NSW rugby referees that such shirts are/were supplied to the original wearer free of charge from NSW Rugby (unfortunately not any more) and so what would somebody with a use for one be willing to pay for something they know cost nothing?
Funniest posting I saw on ebay came with the following qualifier, "Please note that purchasing this shirt does not make you a referee".

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
I'd rather it went to a new ref to wear but if you bought it via membership or were given it, then it's yours to do with as you wish. I tend to donate all my old kit.

I have 5 "old" ref shirts that I don't use anymore (we have a different kit now). I plan to bundle them up with a heap of other rugby gear and send them to some people my daughter knows in Fiji for the locals to make use of.

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
I have 5 "old" ref shirts that I don't use anymore (we have a different kit now). I plan to bundle them up with a heap of other rugby gear and send them to some people my daughter knows in Fiji for the locals to make use of.

Who's leg you pulling? ........... the shirts are bundled up & exchanged for Fiji's most talented U20's players, that's how you got Kuridrani isn't it? :biggrin:

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
I gave my last shirt to the homeless............ they propped it open with some sticks and 5 of them live in it now, all those curry's & pints not wasted ..... I feel so much happier that my efforts benefit so widely.:pepper:

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Name and shame them I have given all my spare shirts to club refs over the years.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Funniest posting I saw on ebay came with the following qualifier, "Please note that purchasing this shirt does not make you a referee".

That's almost as funny as the label I saw on a kids Superman outfit...

WARNING: This suit does not enable its wearer to fly!

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
How do society people feel about their kit appearing on eBay?

For example - anyone want to referee as a Hampshire Society Ref?
http://bit.ly/1aw60BX

Thanks for the info Waspsfan. That shirt ia 10 seasons old at least and is nothing like the style we have had for the least 7 seasons.

charliebelle88 i am looking for you :biggrin:

Waspsfan

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 5
Charliebelle88 - would have thought that he (or she?) was 25 years old (born in 88) - odd for them to have 10 year old Hampshire kit!

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Charliebelle88 - would have thought that he (or she?) was 25 years old (born in 88) - odd for them to have 10 year old Hampshire kit!

Collected whilst climbing the silver pole?

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
All my old kit goes to kit aid.

http://www.lvsoskitaid.com

Tried contacting them SO many times, and nver received a single email back!

Thanks for the info Waspsfan. That shirt ia 10 seasons old at least and is nothing like the style we have had for the least 7 seasons.

charliebelle88 i am looking for you :biggrin:

I doub't they are running away with the proceeds of the sale.

Or could be a celtic supporter (1888 is often represented as just 88).

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
?? I got a new one given to me this year (and a training/warm up shirt too)

WTF?
You Sydney boys get looked after.
Must be only the regional zones that NSWRU is not supporting. There's a shock!!!

andyscott

Referees in England
Post Likes
If our society forces us to buy shirts for 37 quid plus delivery we should sell them to who we like!!!

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
If our society forces us to buy shirts for 37 quid plus delivery we should sell them to who we like!!!

I've just spied them in the new online shop! :wow:

I'm glad I got some when they were only £25 each.