physio v doctor

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Positive correlation between tau levels and trauma, please try to keep up at the back:biggrin:

http://archneur.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleID=1846622

I'd just do the tests myself though :pepper:

We have 40k race in our blood?

But in all fairness that is not a test that you would do in A&E/ED.
That's a test you would use in conjunction with CT,MRI and nerve conductivity to help diagnose what kind of MS your dealing with.
Think of it as a brain version of a troponian cardiac enzyme markers but take a lot longer to show.

Last edited:

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
What's 3 weeks after all?
The time it takes for Arsenal to lose touch with the premiership title contenders year after year - usually in February.

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Dixie. Cheeky. But I like it

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
The time it takes for Arsenal to lose touch with the premiership title contenders year after year - usually in February.

MODS!!!!!!

I think there should be an official warning issued there for a genuine rugby related thread being hijacked with a WENDYBALL reference!!!! :wink:

davidgh

Referees in England
Post Likes
Was he assessed using the new approved RFU pitchside assessment system?

The basic answer is obvious.

You know that the Physio who assessed him pitch side says he was concussed.

You have no choice but to keep him out of all rugby for the requisite period. At a minimum tell the parents in writing that it is mandatory that he doesn't play

If he plays for your team within the timescale, you will get zero support from the RFU if something goes wrong, in fact they will crucify you. The other people who are likely to crucify if you let him play and there is an adverse consequence are the assertive parents!! They will likely suddenly forget all the discussions and blame it all on you!

http://www.rfu.com/takingpart/playe...ssion/assessment of suspected concussion.ashx

Last edited:

Ricardowensleydale

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
FWIW, I advise all parents of a concussed player( under my coaching wing) to insist the hospital scan their son, and if the hospital decline to do so, then show them this to change their mind !

As usual you are forgetting the risks involved in a CT scan. In the order of 1 in 7000 people who have a CT scan will develop a tumour as a consequence of the radiation used. That's why hospitals only scan people who need it rather than because the "parents insist"