Anyone know what the signals are for the new laws? Ie clear out on legs etc

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Anyone know what the signals are for the new laws? Ie clear out on legs etc

Clearout on the legs....im going side entry as this almost always precedes it, although I'm not expecting to see this at my level.

GLD, watching it on tv they have adopted standing on the GL and holding both arms out at your sides pointing at the GL, arms angled down about 45 degrees.

50/22 is just a lineout but signalled to the kicking team. I would accompany it with a shout of "50/22 Greens* ball"

Flying Wedge (more than one latcher) (mini scrum) No signal I am aware of, just going to vocalise it.

*other colours are available

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
GLD, watching it on tv they have adopted standing on the GL and holding both arms out at your sides pointing at the GL, arms angled down about 45 degrees

I wonder if we will start to see similar for 22

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
GLD, watching it on tv they have adopted standing on the GL and holding both arms out at your sides pointing at the GL, arms angled down about 45 degrees

I wonder if we will start to see similar for 22

Huh, I was just pointing and shouting like I do for 22's. Agree with Phil E's comments about side entry, almost certainly will precede a hit to the lower limbs, possibly excepting a croc roll that doesn't get enough horizontal distance and just drops not rolls. I'll verbalise that one if it happens