New Forum Feedback

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Thanks Dave. I can see a few comments being made about me being a ‘rugby expert’! :)
I thought all assessors/advisors were experts, well that’s what they tell me every time. ?

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Thanks Dave. I can see a few comments being made about me being a ‘rugby expert’! :)
ok thats changed now, i could add a image like the refs have, but not sure what you would use for an assessor/advisor?

Balones

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
ok thats changed now, i could add a image like the refs have, but not sure what you would use for an assessor/advisor?
Thanks. Can only you change the descriptor or can members? I should think a few others would want to change as well. If members can what would be the procedure?

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
so - how do the points really work, and are they broken ? I see lots of people on exactly 113 points, which seems a bit odd?

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
so... This is a bit long winded so I apologise.

They are pre set, BUT i can edit them, i was just not sure what to add or when, see the images below and your understand more.

Screenshot 2022-01-07 at 15.43.36.png

So this is the current , pre set points, thus the 113, as all of them have achieved all these. I can edit and/or add to these, and below are the option that i can allocate points too:

Screenshot 2022-01-07 at 15.55.18.png

Screenshot 2022-01-07 at 15.55.48.png

Screenshot 2022-01-07 at 15.56.14.png

Any feedback or ideas on which to add and for how many points, im all ears!

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
wow.
slight tanget
how about reducing the like options to three
Like = 1 point
Love = 2 points
Dislike = -3
or something like that

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
wow.
slight tanget
how about reducing the like options to three
Like = 1 point
Love = 2 points
Dislike = -3
or something like that
no your getting confused, there is already a points system for the likes, this is something else, any ideas?

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
I'm not really getting what these points are about - sorry!

CrouchTPEngage

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Pretty sure I used to clikc something like "today's posts" or "latest posts" in the forum menu somewhere. Cant find its new equivalent.

Tryin on my mobile ( Firefox on Adnroid ) and I;m getting Internal Server Error" when clickong on the Forum link on page rugbyrefs.com/mobile.php.?do=gridmenu

Hope this helps

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Pretty sure I used to clikc something like "today's posts" or "latest posts" in the forum menu somewhere. Cant find its new equivalent.

Tryin on my mobile ( Firefox on Adnroid ) and I;m getting Internal Server Error" when clickong on the Forum link on page rugbyrefs.com/mobile.php.?do=gridmenu

Hope this helps

so this is on desktop, but here is the new posts:

Screenshot 2022-01-10 at 08.35.31.png

but i cannot emulate your issue with android, as i use apple. Ill get hold of a android phone and give it a go, thanks for letting me know

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I'm not really getting what these points are about - sorry!
basically, they are awards for "doing stuff" on the forums, the more you do, the more points you accumulate.

what im after is some input in to what you get points for, and when, such as 10 points for posting 100 times, 50 points for solving ten questions, that sort of thing.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
ah, OK.

Well, TBH I dont really see the ...err... point ... or what the would in reality mean, or provide, so I havent really an input TBH. :)

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
ah, OK.

Well, TBH I dont really see the ...err... point ... so I havent really an input TBH. :)
yer fair enough, its a built in system so if people dont see the need i can just remove it

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I see no need for it myself but I am sure someone will want it :rolleyes:

number11

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
Hi,

I come across a number of links in google pointing to the old forum. I can decode the url to get to the thread but thought I'd share a .htaccess rule for the rugbyref.com server which will redirect traffic. Not only convenient for me and other users, it will keep your rankings in google.

RewriteEngine on RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(rugbyrefs.com)$ [OR] RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www.rugbyrefs.com)$ RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^([0-9]+)([a-zA-Z\-]+) RewriteRule ^showthread\.php$ https://forum.rugbyrefs.com/index.php?threads($1.$2) [R=301,L]

The above will redirect this link format correctly:

You can test the rule here:

number11

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
Sorry the correct rule is

RewriteEngine on RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(rugbyrefs.com)$ [OR] RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www.rugbyrefs.com)$ RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^([0-9]+)\-([0-9a-zA-Z\-]+)(/page\d)?$ RewriteRule ^showthread\.php$ https://forum.rugbyrefs.com/index.php?threads/%2.%1/ [R=301,L]

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Sorry the correct rule is

RewriteEngine on RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(rugbyrefs.com)$ [OR] RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www.rugbyrefs.com)$ RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^([0-9]+)\-([0-9a-zA-Z\-]+)(/page\d)?$ RewriteRule ^showthread\.php$ https://forum.rugbyrefs.com/index.php?threads/%2.%1/ [R=301,L]
thanks very much, ill get this implemented, the old forums are deleted now, so that will cause issues. thanks very much

number11

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
You're welcome. I know there are a few other formats of links that are broken.

Feel free to ask if you also need them working.