Recent content by AMGS

1. A

[Ruck] penalty for interfering with the scrum half

It's become standard to award a penalty for a player in a ruck who grabs the scrum half as he is about to clear the ball. Does anyone know what the justification is for this in the law book? What gives the "dummy half" special status?
  2. A

referee/adviser communications system

does anyone have a view on these systems - one way only, always on so the adviser/coach can hear what is being said, but has no nee to communicate anything back to the ref? Value for money, talk quality etc? All advice gratefully received!
  3. A

England's first try against South Africa

Cute, but hugely illegal? Farrell, Barrett and May all joined the maul while it was still on the line of touch, so England had 10 in the maul to SA's 6 after Matfield's YC. Critical incident for Mr Walsh's report, or did I miss something?
  4. A

dissent, extra 10m

I was watching a referee on Saturday who awarded a FK for an early shove at a scrum. When the prop showed dissent, he changed the FK to a penalty, awarded at the original mark. This looked wrong to me – I would have expected to see another FK 10m further upfield. On checking the Law Book...