Recent content by Balones

1. B

Interesting law case .. read the full twitter thread and the full judgement

https://www.sports.legal/2023/10/crossing-the-line-criminal-liability-on-the-field-of-play/ Found this an interesting article on the subject.
  2. B

4th and 5th officials in the pro game

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/68703467
  3. B

Correction in my post.
  4. B

Harlequins YC was allowed back three minutes early.
  5. B

World Rugby phased plan to grow the sport

Thanks for info. Is the 20 min RC seen as a success and widely supported?
  6. B

Equally fair comment.
  7. B

Doesn’t sufficiently punish outright thuggery? E.G. select a player to take out the game winning goal kicker? Just a thought off the cuff.
  8. B

I don’t think anyone is against RCs. We all want the game to be safer and correct techniques to be encouraged by their appropriate application. I think the top end of the game is lucky enough to have TMOs and replays etc to enforce the fair application and a degree of consistency of the laws...
  9. B

That’s the sort of approach I was suggesting, but not in so much detail.:) No process or sanction is ever straightforward in our game but we won‘t know if something is better until we try it.
  10. B

The top end of the professional game does have fewer RCs than a few years ago. I think this is because they realised that they were ruining the ‘contest’. Now it seems to me that there is far more mitigation applied due to the numerous cameras available. I do not think that the actions of the...
  11. B

Well written Ian. I concur.
  12. B

Penalty Try *and* penalty restart

In the version of the laws prior to the simplification the mention of awarding a penalty at the place of restart after a dead ball was under foul play. 10.4n There was no specific mention of after a try, just offences after a dead ball situation. The wording was not much different to what is in...
  13. B

Penalty Try *and* penalty restart

I believe Law 20.1 covers it. After ball is dead the penalty is where play would restart.
  14. B

Less kicking in Super Rugby? - Or not?

They’ve had a few weekends with the tweak to the offside law. Has anything changed?
  15. B

Juggling ball now NOT in possession

Was it an early tackle that he was sanctioned for? Video and discussion not really clear.