Recent content by belladonna

1. belladonna

Slim margins

What I feel WR have overlooked is the old adage, "Justice must not only be done, but must also be seen to be done."
  2. belladonna

SH Tackled After Maul - Eng v Arg

Maybe because a player bound into a maul is not "a player who is offside at a maul"?
  3. belladonna

Slim margins

And OF managed to avoid getting carded the entire RWC. Maybe they do have an impact after all 🤷‍♀️
  4. belladonna

Ciaran Parker - 5 Weeks for Head Contact

Ciaran Parker gets 5 weeks for head contact. Isn't this almost the exact same situation as Owen Farrell before the RWC, where OF got 4 weeks? https://www.ultimaterugby.com/news/united-rugby-championship-disciplinary-decision---ciaran-parker/653127
  5. belladonna

Slim margins

For that one, I think we need a new category of intent, somewhere between "accidental" and "deliberate"...
  6. belladonna

So do you think NB got confused, and thought the BC was the Arg player at the back of the maul, rather than the SH... and that the Eng player was bound on the whole time, making it a same-maul situation? If so, that should be scrum Eng, because Arg took the ball in to the maul which became...
  7. belladonna

71st mimute of the game. Arg SH receives the ball from the base of the maul and moves away, quickly followed by Eng forward who was part of the maul, who wraps him up. Both go to ground, with Eng player on wrong side of the tackle, killing the ball. I was expecting PK to Arg but Nick Berry...
  8. belladonna

Goal kicking

Paul Thorburn's record kick was 64.2m, see my earlier post #11. Also according to Wikipedia, penalties have been worth three points since 1891 (they previously had been worth two points).
  9. belladonna

Fdk, deliberate pass into an opponent (?)

In this case, Ramos was stock still when Kolbe took off like a rocket. Kolbe had clearly taken a number of strides before Ramos moved an inch. Shame the video isn't available 😕
  10. belladonna

It was in the video I shared of the "French Perspective", but sadly now taken down due to a copyright claim by WR. Thanks, Bill 😕 The charge down looked about 8 or 10 steps ahead of any movement by Ramos tbf.
  11. belladonna

Goal kicking

In terms of range, players have been kicking long goals for over 30 years now. According to The Font of All Truth (Wikipedia), Paul Thorburn kicked the record international goal at 70 yards 8 and a half inches (64.2m in new money) against Scotland in 1987. And didn't France have a massive cannon...
  12. belladonna

FRA v SA - A French Perspective

No agenda at all... I'm a bit amazed by the one-sidedness of the video tbh, some of its claims are clearly wrong and others marginal at best. Some seem to have more merit than others. But obviously there were calls that went against SA too, they just don't show them. Does look like some head...
  13. belladonna

FRA v SA - A French Perspective

Plenty to talk about here, some of these are just plain wrong like supposed "offside" by Jessie Kriel when there was no ruck.
  14. belladonna

On the Irish TV feed the commentators were clear it would have been a very different trajectory to get the ball to Pollard. Dick move by FdK to try and milk the PK 🤣
  15. belladonna

Time Off For Scrum Collapse

Not sure which incident you're referring to... Did the offside player intentionally play the ball?