Recent content by BillBu

1. B

The Right To Reply

Last weekend I refereed a match between two second teams in a merit table affair. Unfortunately one of the captains had no clue on the laws of the game, which became obvious during the match. Now normally I don't post much but I thought id post an extract from the match report on the teams...
  2. B

Also Promoted

Have just got my new grading through, im now a level 10 ref :biggrin: Bring on level 9! :clap:
  3. B

Advantage

Hypothetical Situation: Red vs Blue Blue Commits penalty office for which advantage can be played (ie offside at ruck) Red plays the advantage and goes to another ruck further up the pitch and commits a penalty offence themselves whilst advantage is still being played. The law of advantage...
  4. B

Statistics

Having been signed off work due to gastroenteritis (I reffed on Saturday with this!! luckily the 80 minutes was filled with immodium and painkillers :biggrin: ) I have made a spreadsheet for someone wanting to record thier games and progress. It gives some averages and totals which may be of...
  5. B

Grabbing Players Shirt Around Neck

Is the above practise considered a high tackle? From the law book the definition of a tackle is "A tackle occurs when the ball carrier is held by one or more opponents and is brought to ground". This definition implies that grabbing the players shirt is considered a tackle (so long as he is...
  6. B

Player Diving On The Ball

If the ball is moving along the ground and a player dives on it, does the opposition have to allow the player to get back onto his feet with the ball? I cant find anything in the laws which state this explicitely but its something you hear of all the time? A tackle hasn't taken place so as...