Recent content by brvanisi

1. B

Law 18.8 a

I apologize if it seems like I am nitpicking. I am a newly certified referee but I played youth rugby and played in college. I have been coaching high school and youth rugby for a few years, but as I read through and study the laws there are so many things that I come across that when I read...
  2. B

Law 18.8 a

So it's basically saying that a player who is in touch and picks up or catches a ball, is not the player who "took the ball into touch"? I was picturing a scenario like: Blue team sends a high box kick, blue team winger races down the pitch gets under the ball. Prior to catching the ball, the...
  3. B

Law 18.8 a

In the line out table for general play, one of the events (second from the bottom) is described as: "A player, who is in touch, catches or picks up a ball which has reached the plane of touch" The location for the mark of touch is: "Where the ball reached the plane of touch." And who throws...
  4. B

Law 12.10

As I was reading the law, the scenario in the video was the only way I could visualize it being physically possible, but I was confused because in 12.7 it uses the words "blown back". That is easy to understand, but "Kicked into the kicking team’s own in-goal" had me confused.
  5. B

Law 12.10

Kick off and restart kicks following a score - Rugby law 12.10 states: "If the ball is kicked into the kicking team’s own in-goal and is made dead by a defending player or it goes dead through in-goal, the non-kicking team is awarded a five-metre scrum" Forgive my ignorance but I am having a...