Recent content by crossref

1. C

Interesting law case .. read the full twitter thread and the full judgement

It may me wonder about rugby's Laws How can an action be culpable under law, but not punishable in the Laws of rugby
  2. C

Interesting law case .. read the full twitter thread and the full judgement

An interesting case here in England .
  3. C

Ireland v Wales “No onfield decision”

But the last two weeks.. it's back
  4. C

Professional Truck and Trailer

@didds it's not so different between arriving at a tackle quickly in an attempt to jackle (good) and charging into a tackle (dangerous) It's not that hard to call.
  5. C

Professional Truck and Trailer

Because they are trundling .. so it's OK But if they built up speed and started flying ... then peep
  6. C

Juggling ball now NOT in possession

For clarity, I think the expected decision is a 5m scrum, and that is absolutely what I would give (But Law does seem to say that some intention is required..unlike the laws on touch that make it completely clear that if the ball were to hit red on the back of the head and go onto touch it's a...
  7. C

Great question The ball just happened to hit Blue? Then the last person the play the ball was Red So blue options of scrum or 22 If blue stuck his foot out and played the ball then 5m scrum red
  8. C

Played: The ball is played when it is intentionally touched by a player. which obviously includes a charge down, a kick and trying to catch it
  9. C

Played is better than touched Intentionally is the word used in the Laws rather than deliberately
  10. C

it's not easy this law drafting mullarkey
  11. C

so if I was in the WR laws committee I'd propose a tweak to the definition so that it said - to make it clearer that that you are only 'in possession' and liable to being tackled, once you have touched it
  12. C

France v Italy - potential spoiler

there is lacuna in the Law as well. If you stop the shot clock then when you restart - should it resume where you stopped it (tough if it was say 4s to go) - should it resume at 90s ? seems a bit generous something else?
  13. C

I dunno? I think a lot happens before you touch the ball. But yes, I guess if we asked WR they might well say that What about a charge down , I charge down the ball, touching it, and the ball bounces up into the air and I go to catch it .. am I in possession and ok to be tackled It would be...
  14. C

I agree - but wouldn't we say exactly the the same about Tim Stimpson when he was tackled by Andre Vos It's kinda the whole point. tackling someone who is attempting to control the ball is legal.