Recent content by crossref

1. C

Under 19 Variation Scrum

The scenario is that hooker gets YC At the next scrum a replacement hooker comes on (as he must ) - if they choose to take a winger off we have 8 in scrum - alternatively if they take a flanker off we have 7 Let's say they took off the winger, so we have 8 in the scrum After a while the #8...
  2. C

Under 19 Variation Scrum

I wouldn't disagree, but would note that the offending team has determined whether the game proceeds with 7 or 8 And that presumbly another substitutioncould change it
  3. C

Under 19 Variation Scrum

So what's the answer to my post #7
  4. C

Under 19 Variation Scrum

I remember that clarification, but it's pretty useless .. for instance it doesnt help us address the scenario in my post #7 above
  5. C

Under 19 Variation Scrum

Scenarios that the Law book doesn't address include for instance Hooker is YC At the next scrum replacement hooker comes on and a winger comes off How many in the scrum ?
  6. C

Under 19 Variation Scrum

I would say best practice is . . 1 Ref determines whether the missing player was a forward or a back. 2 if a forward, all scrums are 7 v 7 If a back all scrums are 8 v 8 (Except that if scrums become uncontested they must be 8 v 8) This seems to be pretty standard but isn't in the Law book...
  7. C

Under 19 Variation Scrum

The possible scenarios are not properly covered in law ... Just make sure there are always equal numbers in the scrum
  8. C

Back heeled conversion

Indeed. Which category would you put the barbarians in ?
  9. C

Back heeled conversion

There are tour matches and tour matches Mess about from the start, and quite possibly lose the game because of it, fine Get to 50 points up and then start .. not so good
  10. C

Back heeled conversion

so here we go - Clive Woodward sums it up beautifully Now, I wouldn't condone taking law into own hands - but a lot of teams with pride would not have put up with that...
  11. C

Back heeled conversion

I have some sympathy the Dad -- on occasions I've had teams that are 50 or 60 points ahead, starting to arse about with conversions - getting props to take them left footed etc -- and it doesn't help the atmosphere of the game, just creates ill-feeling and niggle.
  12. C

Back heeled conversion

I wonder if it wasn't specifically against the Law at that time?
  13. C

Back heeled conversion

in reality --- the only type of game where a back-heeled conversion would even be attempted is going to be exactly the sort of game where you'd turn a blind eye !
  14. C

Back heeled conversion

but, you know, baa baas :)
  15. C

Back heeled conversion

no, because a conversion has to be a kick When a try is scored, it gives that team the right to attempt a conversion, which may be a place-kick or drop-kick.