Recent content by DocP

1. DocP

World Rugby phased plan to grow the sport

This is how it is implemented. A RC means that player can not return. Another player can come on after 20 mins but not the offending player
  2. DocP

Less kicking in Super Rugby? - Or not?

No that I can tell. The commentors made a thing about it for a pen in the first round but they got it wrong and it was for inside the 10 which is standard practice. The style of rugby in Super Rugby is very different though. They run it much more than up here. All seems as is for me
  3. DocP

Ireland v Wales “No onfield decision”

No, team of 4 is Ref, 2 x AR and a 4th official (in charge of subs etc, he is the emergency back up as well)
  4. DocP

Yellow card after try, after time

Also, if you had a captain, non offending team, who knew the law and that it should restart with a pk on the half way, and they wanted it, how would you sell your decision to blow up for no side?
  5. DocP

I'm sorry, for me you can't do that. It is not backed up by law just the refs feeling at that moment. If a side is winning by 42 points and you deny them the chance of an extra 3 and they lose the league and don't get promoted on a points scored of 1 where does that put you on the "fairness"...
  6. DocP

What about 4 try bonus point, or points difference. In the world of leagues that we now live in all these things have concequences. If the non-offending team are not bothered they can just tap and kick to touch. I think in this scenario you won't know all the factors that are happening off the...
  7. DocP

But if you don't restart with a Pk then you can't reward (I hate that term) the non offending team for foul play against them. That means there is no recompence for foul play after a try has been scored with the game in the red.
  8. DocP

I agree with this and is back up by law as @Locke shows above. Pen/advantage before the try is scored - no side Pen awarded after try is scored - restart with PK on halfway to non offending team. Time on the clock is not a factor I have always wondered the scenario, Green loosing by 9 points...
  9. DocP

Are you ready for .... <drumroll> Player Mic !!

So the Prem is not that different. Anyone who watched the first couple of weeks of the season on TNT would of seen Martin Bayfield interviewing players on the pitch right after they had scored while the conversion was taking place. Was very strange and didn't last long. Mostly because it...
  10. DocP

Shot Clock Why?

Couldn't tell you the amount of times I have heard the kicker shout "where's my tee" and just get a reply of "dunno". Eventually after people start digging in piles of warm up tops they think sod it and use a random plastic cone they found on the sidelines :ROFLMAO:
  11. DocP

Shot Clock Why?

Nope no shot clock. I do have one on my wrist via the smart watch app but they don't know that. Still it doesn't stop them asking. I just say "thank you, I'm aware" and just ignore. If we are getting close I will give a 15 second warning but I have never, and probably will never, blown up. If...
  12. DocP

Shot Clock Why?

I have had a few games now at grassroots where opposition captains are mentioning the shot clock for pens and conversions. This has only happened as it has been highlighted by actions on the telly. It really is interesting to see things that no one cared about until an incident in the elite...
  13. DocP

Whostheref watch app

100% mate. I'm an avid user and supporter. Only want to see it succeed
  14. DocP

Whostheref watch app

That was what I was requesting in my requests post at the start of this thread. Just a glance indicator on the home screen with the exact time left where it is at the moment
  15. DocP

Whostheref watch app

I like the YC symbol, actually had this on the last app I used, but the issue was when the captain asks how long on the card. I'd have to give a complete guess. Ideally both time and a count down symbol would be great