Recent content by Drift

1. Drift

Ireland v Wales “No onfield decision”

It’s always been an option, just not one referees take many times.
  2. Drift

Jersey Colour Issues for Comms ... any advice?

If I’m calling them out it’s usually because they don’t have a legal claim to the ball.
  3. Drift

Jersey Colour Issues for Comms ... any advice?

How about just throwing out numbers? Most players know what their number is and if both 7s are competing and you say “7 out” or something like that then both players stop and we get ball out surely that’s a win?
  4. Drift

Maul not Moving Forward

Why wouldn’t we be? As long as they don’t go early then it’s fine. My bigger issue with it is players joining the maul before it’s moved off the LOT.
  5. Drift

High tackles whilst diving for a try

It’s very much a case by case interpretation, however some of the things I look at is the ‘head contact process’ when determining if there has been foul play. In the instance of a player diving for the line and a would be tackler also diving that IMO that defender has attempted to make a legal...
  6. Drift

Orange Card

We do have access to all the cameras and have someone next to us driving the machine to give us the angles we want.
  7. Drift

Orange Card

The U20s is going to be the experiment of the RWC system I believe.
  8. Drift

Do you mind wearing this mic

Dickie if that was a concern of yours, all you have to do is give me a call and I’ll let you know ;)
  9. Drift

Do you mind wearing this mic

What’s the harm in doing it? If by doing so it improves the standard of rugby in the club, and hopefully the competition, what exactly is the downside? The teams hear you breathing heavily and sometimes muddling your words? I would argue if your communication changes when you wear a microphone...
  10. Drift

Orange Card

Not how it’s being done at SR this year. Like I said we have an assistant in the box with the TMO who ‘marks’ the incidents and then when there is a break in play (lineout, kick at goal, injury stoppage) the TMO can review the FP and make decisions. Like anything though the RCs are very easy to...
  11. Drift

Charge down puts oppo on side

The way I’ve always interpreted it was if the ball is travelling upwards and gets touched then it’s a charge down.
  12. Drift

Try disallowed AFTER conversion attempt

How long is a piece of string? I think things like that become myths until there are enough instances of it happening and the wider community can be educated on it.
  13. Drift

Orange Card

No, it’s actually a lot of time as they get 8 minutes game time to review. They have an assistant in the box with them who can bring up the angles and slow down the footage they want to see.
  14. Drift

Orange Card

He didn’t see it otherwise, he followed the process correctly by awarding the YC and putting it on review, then 20 seconds later you can hear him on the comms say “there’s a high level of danger there Gappy(TMO)” and they reached the correct outcome. The on field red card is left for punches...
  15. Drift

Try disallowed AFTER conversion attempt

No, it used to the a thing where once the conversion was taken that you can’t go back and check the try. They changed it in June last year.