Recent content by Flish

1. Flish

Where are you this weekend - 2023/24?

I’m not aware of anyone in Durham at L7 or below that entered (or are still in) the Papa John’s cup other than Sunderland (who had to drop out of the County Cup as it clashed) I have Gateshead (L8) vs Westoe (L7) in the Cup 2nd round this weekend
  2. Flish

After last weekends; Hartlepool Rovers vs Acklam Hartlepool Colts vs Bishop Hartlepool Ladies vs Northallerton I am off to ….. Hartlepool vs Bishop L7 / DN1 - mid table and nothing in it, although the home touchline has a reputation for being ‘vocal’
  3. Flish

Leave our Sam alone!

That all assumes that you know that someone is a straight male, how would you know? Same can quite often be applied to colour? We already know that we can’t judge the intent of the words - but outside of the target of the words, on a pitch there’s 30+ players all taking unpredictable amounts of...
  4. Flish

France v Italy - potential spoiler

Exactly what I would do in my game, take away the time pressure, let the defenders know exactly what and where I expect them to be, and let the kicker take his kick - however I have no doubt that wouldn’t be accepted in the Elite game, and I have sympathy for Christophe, which ever way he went...
  5. Flish

France v Italy - potential spoiler

I thought it was a mess, not sure the French players moved illegally, but there was a water carrier amongst them moving, then the ball fell off the tee, then the French seemed to half heartedly approach, then step back when ordered - then the shot clock pressure and the kick missed. I *think* I...
  6. Flish

Penalty kick to touch

I’m sure I heard at least one ref say “respect the mark” …. And was then promptly ignored!
  7. Flish

In touch?

Cheers all, it looked wrong at the time, probably because I could actually see the plane of touch for once to judge it, this moves to the top of the list for 'should be easier' for me
  8. Flish

In touch?

Ah, yes, technically the same I suppose :unsure:
  9. Flish

In touch?

If they are in the grandstand then the ball has touched something beyond the touch line, so in touch, unless I’ve misinterpreted? In my example it only touched someone in the air? What if the wind blows it back without it touching something? I was always taught not to blow the whistle until...
  10. Flish

In touch?

This one doesn’t seem to tick any of the in-touch or not in-touch examples. Ball is kicked, crosses the plain of touch where a player (who starts and finishes outside the playing area) jumps up, and whilst off the ground bats the ball backwards and into the the field of play. To be clear, at...
  11. Flish

Think you have one of my lot in Durham over in Keswick on exchange this Saturday. I’ve got Gateshead vs Houghton a mid table L8, wasn’t expecting a game to be honest as pretty quiet but I’ll take it
  12. Flish

Westoe vs Medicals (L7 DN1) - Westoe yet to win a game this season and Medicals sat mid table - Graded up to L7 last week so aim is to enjoy this as the new norm
  13. Flish

Managing racist comments in game.

Unfortunately I had to deal with similar in a U16 private schools game this season, reported to me but not heard by me. I took both captains aside, confirmed the accusation and made it clear that I hadn’t heard it, but what the sanctions would be if I had, and that I would be reporting it...
  14. Flish

Kicker wearing Sunglasses

My gut reaction is no, not so much at a conversion where I’m not hugely bothered, but that’s only a stones throw from allowing at a penalty where we potentially revert to open play if there’s a miss and the kicker is wearing something unsafe
  15. Flish

Yeah, and that's the expanded upstairs, well the balcony anyway - just don't step offsite, you might have to engage with the locals!