Recent content by GingerSeaMonster

1. G

[Law] Penalty Try or not? Opinions please

Yesterday I was reffing a BUCS women's match. Good natured game, apart from blue teams 10 who I gave an RC, but that's another story! Anyway, Blue team had a great player who had quite long dreadlocks which were mostly tied up, she made a great break and was about 4m out from scoring when...
  2. G

[Law] Theoretical Stalemate

Whilst confirming my understanding of the 10m off side law, I think I may have stumbled across a theoretical situation where we could have a stalemate and some players (for the purpose of this situation lets say 4 forwards who have just been involved in a ruck) from the team without the ball...
  3. G

[Law] Penalty and tackler not back 10m - Yellow Card?

At a recent match (level 8 or 9) I was spectating at red had a penalty around half way. They chose to tap and go, however before blue had retreated 10m, a blue player tackled the ball carrier. Ref blew, moved the penalty on 10m and then yellow carded the tackler. Now I'm not criticising the ref...
  4. G

[Kit] High Leg boots Quins v Clermont

Did anyone else notice the boots that the replacement prop for Clermont was wearing? The camera even zoomed in on them, in the 67th minute (I don't know how to put a link to this in this post. Luddite) The commentators also mentioned them. They were likened to the sort a boxer would wear, but...
  5. G

[Law] Referees using player's names

I have noticed in the last couple of seasons that some top flight referees are using the player's Christian names a lot more. Wayne Barnes and Matt Carney seem to to do it the most. Yesterday's match at Twickenham between Leicester and Quins, MC was doing it all the time. Personally I don't...