Recent content by Jarrod Burton

1. J

First Aid requirements 22/23 RFU season

That table on page 4 is a complete waste of space.
  2. J

Offside when ruck is over, Maoris V Ireland ?

Whoever said that professional level rugby was "right"? They massage law interpretation all the time to ensure that the game appears to be more free flowing at that level in the pursuit of TV viewership and the almighty dollar.
  3. J

C'wealth Games

Tug of war should be included - its always a winner with the crowd.
  4. J

Law 18.8 a

Alternative set rather than the complexity of now
  5. J

Law 18.8 a

How about: A player who is in contact with anything in touch is considered to be part of the touch line until they resume the FoP. If a player was in touch they aren't back in the FoP until no part of them is in touch (ie a foot in the FoP and the other raised is in) A player can jump from the...
  6. J

Law 18.8 a

Nope - your in touch if you touch the ground outside the FoP and remain so until you aren't touching the ground outside the FoP.
  7. J

Law 18.8 a

JFC. They need to make this easy. If you are in touch and touch the ball its a LO against you. If you jump out, catch the ball in the air and managed to fling it back on field before you touch the ground its play on. Make it dependant on whether the player is in touch (as in being grounded...
  8. J

Long Hair being tied up

Just watched the replay of the Aus V NZ comm games semi final, which ended with an Maddi Levi (Aus) in the bin after getting a YC for hair pulling against Portia Woodman. Woodman wears her hair in heaps of chest length small beaded plaits and wears them loose, only being tied up on top of her...
  9. J

C'wealth Games

And they still manage to get rolled by the Antipodeans.
  10. J

NZ v Ireland Test 2 - Red card situation with Savea

As a hypothetical - what would your train of actions be for a deliberate knock down that stopped that try? Is it deliberate offending to have too many on the field?
  11. J

Offside when ruck is over, Maoris V Ireland ?

I'm not sure if I'm correct here but it seems that elite referees are allowing this behaviour when the attacking team are playing negatively and going off their feet. If a defending player is on their feet at the top of the ruck they seem to get more leeway in having a crack at the 9's hands...
  12. J

NZ vs IRL Test 3 - Andrew Porter‘s “absorbing tackle” on Brodie Retallick

I don't get to watch much elite rugby - I won't give money to the (IMO morally bankrupt) Murdoch empire so I don't watch many games given RA is completely smitten with his $ to the exclusion of the grassroots community.
  13. J

But that arguably contributed to head to head contact?
  14. J

I really don't like that this tackle has been cited. It doesn't feel like RC foul play for mine. How does it compare to tackling a player in the air, tip tackles with a drop/drive, eye gouging, or even the two handed strike by Hill to Swains face in the first Aus Eng test (given that was not...