Recent content by Jonathan355

1. J

Knock on going into touch in goal

That sounds very logical. I asked the question the way I did because the knock on was within 5m of try line.
  2. J

Thank you.
  3. J

Thank you. Scrum if it is in field of play regardless of where it ends up?
  4. J

Sorry, just re-read and realised I wasn’t clear. My question was from the field of play though the in goal. I’d be interested in the answer of it was in goal too though!
  5. J

Meaning my assumption is right?
  6. J

Not sure why they would opt for the scrum incidentally but assume they could.
  7. J

Please can someone help confirm my assumption? Under the new/experimental laws: The ball is knocked on by the attacking side and goes through the in goal and over the dead ball line or into touch in goal without being touched. I assume the defence gets the option of a 5m scrum and they put in...
  8. J

Offside at scrum for scrum half of side not putting in

That’s really helpful. Explained really clearly. Thank you v much.
  9. J

That’s in part why I wondered!
  10. J

Reply appreciated though.
  11. J

Thanks. I had looked at the law book. It wasn’t clear on whether it matters how far from the scrum the red scrum half goes laterally if he goes to the offside line at the back foot of his players.
  12. J

I should know this but am struggling. When the ball is put in to a scrum, the onside position for the scrum half who is not putting the ball in is clear. When the ball is still in the scrum though, if that defending scrum half moves to the back of the scrum he is presumably still onside as long...
  13. J

Maul to ruck and end of maul question

Thank you Stu. Really helpful and makes it really clear.
  14. J

Maul to ruck and end of maul question

Thank you. That is both really clear and helpful. Your point on a defender getting hands on the ball makes complete sense.