Recent content by Lee Lifeson-Peart

1. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Where are you this weekend - 2022/23?

Fine thanks. Bit stiff but that was predicted - not least by me. Didn't die but it was not nice. Drank loads and "warmed up" by running up and down the corridor in the changing rooms. Took water breaks in the shade of the "stand" - see Youtube video 101 uses for hand painted corrugated iron...
  2. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Where are you this weekend - 2022/23?

Here we go, about to commence my 17th season in God's Own County. This weekend Pre-season friendly at L8/L7ishy. Dinnington v Mansfield Anticipating a bright red face and cramp. Forecast is for more of the same. Low 30s today. Still, could have been worse, I could have been refereeing this...
  3. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Long Hair being tied up

If Cousin It from the Addams Family, Chewbacca from Star Wars or Dr Zaius from Planet of the Apes played Rugby could they be tackled at all? Please don't quote Law 4 - this is a serious question! 🤣
  4. Lee Lifeson-Peart

C'wealth Games

I think these 5 were in Johnson's last cabinet.
  5. Lee Lifeson-Peart

C'wealth Games

6. Lee Lifeson-Peart

C'wealth Games

I have often thought I'd like to see someone throw Jacob Rees-Mogg off Beachy Head!
  7. Lee Lifeson-Peart

C'wealth Games

Indeed. :)
  8. Lee Lifeson-Peart

C'wealth Games

Or not enough variation?
  9. Lee Lifeson-Peart

NZ vs IRL Test 3 - Andrew Porter‘s “absorbing tackle” on Brodie Retallick

4 YCs in last 2 minutes of the game is my record. Multiple offences about 5m out finishing with a head high tackle in the act of scoring. Finished 17-16 in points and 15v11 in players. Shorthanded team won. Spoke to winners' Captain in the bar afterwards who was convinced I wouldn't send more...
  10. Lee Lifeson-Peart

C'wealth Games

The Commonwealth Games - where Britain's finest professional athletes take on the best postmen, electricians and taxi drivers the Commonwealth has to offer.
  11. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Back heeled conversion

I refereed a league game L9? about 10-12 years ago or so which finished 109-0. After about 40-50 points their props started making noises about wanting to take conversions. I told the captain that whilst I couldn't insist they didn't I suggested that "if you play long enough (he wasn't that...
  12. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Fixing a touch flag

I used to buy cheap Mike Ashley specials when I was "young and keen". K**bheads running touch would lose and/or damage them so I stopped bothering. My RFU flag for National Panel gigs is thing to behold and quite robust - with a detachable floppy bit when it needs a wipe/wash.
  13. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Where are you this weekend - 2021/22?

Traumatic to say the least. But for the restructure would've suffered 2 consecutive relegations. Nice lads. Great facilities - Huddersfield Giants train there. Not sure what's happened with the rebranding, maybe YMCA have pulled out? I know they (the YMCA) took over the running of things a...
  14. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Where are you this weekend - 2021/22?

16 @ L7 2 ARs @ Nat2 N (L4)
  15. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Should Refs Only Wear Black Shorts?

Our shorts in GOC are navy blue or black depending which shirt you're trying to accessorise with, along with black, green or navy socks ditto. It all looks quite smart, however at £60 for one set of full kit I shall wear my old stuff as the sponsors haven't changed. In my case a Samarai shirt...