Locke's latest activity

• L
    Locke replied to the thread In touch? (Law 18.2.d).
    I believe it’s not even relevant if he was in touch or not, per 18.2.d, since he didn’t hold the ball and the ball hasn’t reached the...
  • L
    Locke reacted to Stu10's post in the thread Penalty goal with Like Like.
    I think there may be a gap here, and you are left piecing together bits of information to help make a decision. 18.8.c says: Ball is...
  • L
    Locke reacted to chbg's post in the thread Foul play? with Like Like.
    So New Zealand RFU says that "When a player and an opponent are running for the ball, neither player may charge or push the other except...
  • L
    Locke replied to the thread Foul play?.
    You’ve won me over, at least partially, with 9.15. That law is very clear; I wish 9.1 was equally clear. I still feel 9.1 is carving out...
  • L
    Locke replied to the thread Waratahs v chiefs.
    USA Rugby has used the same wording in the current GMGs. For this clip, it seems like the ruck ending comes down to the split second...
  • L
    I’ve just seen this response. I see your point but I do not interpret the sentence that way. I came up with an example sentence to show...
  • L
    I’m always worried about my tone coming across as hostile when communicating by text only. I have no sarcasm or disrespect in my...
  • L
    I suppose we just see if differently. 9.1 says players may “charge” and “push” while running for the ball, as long as it’s shoulder to...
  • L
    Locke replied to the thread Waratahs v chiefs.
    Oh wow, haha, good call out. I watched it several times in slow motion and I don’t see the feet touch but Blue 4 definitely grabs the...
  • L
    I see the same actions, except I see those actions being expressly permitted in law 9.1, quoted by chbg above. Which law makes it...
  • L
    Locke replied to the thread Knock on advantage.
    I think he’s referring to White player holding on to the ball when Purple comes over him and legally tries to take the ball.
  • L
    I was the lone dissenter in the group in favor of “play on”, with five referees calling for a PK. I considered giving my view when I...
  • L
    Locke posted the thread Foul play? in Question Forum.
    I’ve attached a 3 second clip that was shared in a local referee chat group, looking for opinions on the call. Play on, PK, or YC?
  • L
    Locke replied to the thread Uncontested scrums, no 8 pick?.
    I also do not allow the opposition scrum half to put pressure on the pass from the scrum half of the team in possession. I do not find...
  • L
    https://amp.rugbypass.com/news/are-red-cards-solving-the-high-tackle-problem/ Ben Smith discusses a lot of things in this article...