Recent content by Marc Wakeham

1. M

Unusual Incidents

2017 DEFINITIONS To make a mark, a player must be on or behind that player’s 22-metre line. A player with one foot on the 22-metre line or behind it is considered to be ‘in the 22’. The player must make a clean catch direct from an opponent’s kick and at the same time shout “Mark”. A mark...
  2. M

Time wasting

Clearly not quickly enough. At the end of the day Foley was in the wrong. Yes the refere COULD have acted differently. SHOULD he have acted differently? Thst is open to debate. BUT the CAUSE of the problem was Foley. Even other Aussie players were trying to shift him. If Foley had not been a...
  3. M

Time wasting

Could the referee havre chosen a different answer to the Aussie pillock? Yes Was the ref correct in law? Yes Will players think before acting in the way the Aussie did? Yes Is that a good thing? Yes. All good then.
  4. M

Time wasting

I think it is different to the other cases you cite. He warned him checked his watch and blew. I posted early suggesting he might have chosen a different approach but the details comming out put the blme firmly on the player. Even teammates are shouting at him to shift.
  5. M

Time wasting

Not so. If the penalty is tapped and then kicked off the pitch. End of the game. If time is up when it goes into touch.
  6. M

Time wasting

I think Simon's post was for context. That is the referee already judged that Australia were taking the piss. When the referee does that. Why not listen? Was the referee right? well the law book says he is the sole judge so when he telly you you're wasting time then you're pretty darm stupid...
  7. M

"simulation" in the professional game

Ok such blinding insight I could not possibly attempt to keep up with .I'm out. You win let the playacting continue unabated.
  8. M

Not really his reaction was totally over the top and akin to a footballers reaction.
  9. M

If you suspect that any player is play acting you can sanction them under existing laws. Time wasting / acts contrary to good sportsmanship etc. The laws are there. However, you need to be sure. Use a bit of common sense. I often do n't stop the clock if I suspect that an "injury" is not...
  10. M

Really? Context please!
  11. M

YOu can achieve it without going down as though shot. If you can't see that them nothing I say will change it.
  12. M

By play acting? We have different standards.
  13. M

Acts contrary to good sportsmanship.
  14. M

So many commentators (South African mainly??) have missed the important fact that FDK committed an act of foul play. That deserved action. White's actions should not detract from that. However White should have been carded for his actions and the PK against FDK should stand.
  15. M

NZ v Ireland Test 2 - Red card situation with Savea

Does it matter. I turn to count and you kill the ball. Let it play "try" is scored. Wait a moment to count before awarding the score if 16 . Blow for that offence score at the time (minus the try which has not been awarded yet) stands.