Recent content by matty1194

1. matty1194

Age no longer a barrier to a referee's promotion aspects.

A email has been sent out to all Societies from the RFU regarding the use of an officials age as a barrier to prevent promotion through the gradings system is as they put it "would be blatant age discrimination which is illegal" Here is a link to the email that was posted on the Army page just...
  2. matty1194

League restructuring on hold.

It seems like all is not rosy in the land of the RFU with the long awaited review into the restructuring of the Leagues below Championship level being put on hold after significant pressure from a number of different stakeholders including the Northern regions. A 2 year review costing in the...
  3. matty1194

Points deduction for ineligible players

One of the clubs up here in Scotland has been hit with a massive 49 point deduction for fielding ineligible players over the course of this season. It all relates to 2 South African lads that have been turning out for the team without the correct International clearance paperwork being...
  4. matty1194

Identifiying the players following foul play.

We have all had it in games were the players get involved in handbags and fisticuffs which can then resemble an episode of WWE with players coming from all angles to have a go. How you then identify the players involved comes down to your keen eye and the ability to register players numbers or...
  5. matty1194

Some score that is !!

Rugby Rovigo went down to a spirited display by Cardiff Blues last night losing by 104 - 12 ! Yes you read that correctly 104 - 12 The Blues scored a total of 104 points with 12 different try scorers and Gareth Anscombe kicking 7 conversions with Gareth Davies coming on at HT and kicking a...
  6. matty1194

Maintaining penalty count

Erm no because that would just be a waste of time and look stupid, pencil in your pocket, if team kicking to corner and not going quick then whip it out and make your mark or when you get to the place of the LO do the same. If team do go quick then make your mark at next available stoppage...
  7. matty1194

Just when you thought Bath's backline was getting slow.........

Bath and Glasgow Warriors have announced that Fijian scrum half Nikola Matawalu will join Bath for next season. http://www.glasgowwarriors.org/news/14/12/22/matawalu-join-bath-rugby-next-season http://www.bathrugby.com/news/team-news/thrilling-fijian-matawalu-joins-bath-rugby Huge loss for...
  8. matty1194

Edinburgh v Treviso 19th Dec 2014 Mass Brawl

So at last nights Edinburgh v Treviso match I was fortunate to recieve 2 free tickets from the Society to go and watch the game. All looked good for Edinburgh postig the first try in under a minute from Sam Hildalgo-Clyne and then captain Mike Coman gave the hosts a 17-0 lead at the break...
  9. matty1194

Match Abandoned

A recent fixture from Div 2 West that was forced to be abandoned, wouldnt like to be either of the club's committee men that are invited for a meeting without biscuts at Murrayfield!!! Article from the Daily Record http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-brawl-forces-referee-abandon-4654461
  10. matty1194

PRO 12 appoint independant referee commissioner

Apologies if this has already been reported on in this parish, I may of missed it. The following link has been taken from the SRU news page and is regarding the appointment of Ed Morrison formally of the RFU as the new independant referee commissioner for the PRO 12...
  11. matty1194

End of season roundup

So today at work a friend of mine asked me over a coffee how much refereeing I had done this season, the only answer I could give at the time was LOTS! So now that I have had a chance to sit down and work out what I have done, here is my season roundup...
  12. matty1194

Post match dvd analysis.

Ladies and gents, I need to do some post match dvd analysis and wondering if any one has a template that they use, in the past ive done the normal thing of marking down all the scrums, PK's and FK's through the game but im also aware that their is/are other things I should be looking for and...
  13. matty1194

Permenant blood sub after 2 mins - Saints v Bath

In the Saints v Bath Aviva Prem game yesterday, Luke Pearce found himself on the wrong end of a steamrolling Rob Webber in the 2nd minute of the game. Pearce had to be replaced by Martin Fox, Pearce came back out at half time having received 3 stitches to continue duties as the 4th official. He...
  14. matty1194

Weekend in Dorset.

Gentlemen from the Dorset area, im looking for some help. Im due to be down near Ringwood on a course for 10 days from the 14th Oct and this will include staying over a weekend, its a little bit too far for me to travel back upto Edinburgh and im wondering about the possibility of a fixture...
  15. matty1194

New referee tops for this season.

Following the new sponsor Macron coming into the SRU to provide clothing for the national and regional teams, they have also provided the new referee jerseys and warm up kit for this coming season. We have been given a choice of 2, they are of a very good quality and this is one of them, on the...