Recent content by mbkingsmill

1. M

Touch Euros 2010

Is anyone going to the Touch Euro's in Bristol next week?
  2. M

Frustrated by Cancellations

Please excuse the long post, but over the last 10 days I have had only 1 of my 5 appointments go ahead. The reason given for each of the cancellations was "the groundsman/council have declared the pitch unfit." Eary morning the pitches have had a covering of frost. Yet by the time the kick...
  3. M

Attacking advantage over?

at a refs training session last night we had an interesting discussion on when penalty advantage would be over in the following situations. 1. Blue defender offside at ruck just inside his own 22. Ref calls advantage red and the red fly half attempts a drop goal and misses. Question posed was...
  4. M

Gloucestershire

Hi All It is looking more and more likely that I am going to be moving to the Cheltenham/Tewkesbury area over the summer and was wondering if anyone knows who would be the best person to contact sort out transferring societies. Many Thanks in Advance. Matt
  5. M

Loughborough Uni Ladies v The Army Ladies

Hi All Anyone know anything about the Army Ladies Team? Have got their game against Lboro Uni tomorrow pm. Many Thanks Matt
  6. M

BBC News Report

My condolences to this players friends and family: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/6140868.stm Matt
  7. M

Tom Walker Day

On Saturday 18th November 2006 Loughborough RFC will be hosting a fundraising afternoon and evening. The purpose of the day will be to raise funds to help support one of its junior members. Tom Walker should have been playing with the U17's this season but unfortunately over the summer he was...
  8. M

BUSA Womens Premiership Game.

Have been assigned to referee the following fixture in the Womens BUSA Premiership tomorrow. Loughborough University Womens 1st's v Leeds Metropolitan University Womens 1st's Anyone ref'd either of these before and know what they're like? Have been in the mens setup at Loughborough Uni as a...
  9. M

Levels

Hi all Does anyone have any guideance on how levels are assigned for youth and school games. Are there any accepted standards i.e. a specific age group = a certain level? Many Thanks Matt
  10. M

Should Scrums be Set Level?

On the scrum issue with one side being two low, leicestershire has an excellent presentation on this issue from David Rose last night. His interpretation was that he would not call crouch and hold until both sides are level and the props are in what he termed a "pre-crouch" position where their...
  11. M

RRF Shirts

lets try again.
  12. M

RRF Shirts

incorporating Deeps' suggestions: Its done it yet again - give me a minute and i will sort the background out
  13. M

RRF Shirts

try this one instead
  14. M

RRF Shirts

try again. Ignore the white square i'm trying to remove that now.
  15. M

Red or Penalty and Play On

Context: Pre-season ten's tournament where referee's have been instructed not to use Yellow Cards. Instructions given to ref's were for repeated technical infringements to instruct the coach to replace the player for the remaining duration of that match, and for foul play offences that warrant...