Recent content by Not Kurt Weaver

1. Not Kurt Weaver

Leave our Sam alone!

I believe the police officer was called a "stupid white bastard" to be accurate. This footballer should be forgiven. Curse words or taboo words are stored in our brains at the same location as our fight or flight mechanism. I suspect this statement was out of fear. Simon, you have also...
  2. Not Kurt Weaver

Tackle question.

I think you moved the goalline 90 degrees clockwise from the OPs diagram. His goalline is the botttom of the screen.
  3. Not Kurt Weaver

unusual line out move

Not only that, I can remember Japanese teams bouncing the ball from the throw into l/o, pre lifting days
  4. Not Kurt Weaver

unusual line out move

That is one reason to do it in 15s
  5. Not Kurt Weaver

Non-throwing hooker

Well, um, as I remember, and I do not want to contradict others, it was put in place toward the beginning of lifting in l/o. Hookers would lift the first player in L/O whilst standing in the 5 metre gap. the 2 m away and am back was incorporated to counter this. then without proper...
  6. Not Kurt Weaver

Non-throwing hooker

So are you placing the burden of the 'must" in 18.15 below on the ref, not placing the burden of the "must" on the non throwing team despite the law sanction of a free kick against non throwing team in 18.15? The non-throwing team must have a player between the touchline and the five-metre...
  7. Not Kurt Weaver

Non-throwing hooker

Please read bold above. When, at what point, does the ref ever award the free kick IAW 18.15? prior to throw, at the throw, after ball is caught, when ball isn't caught, or does he play advantage
  8. Not Kurt Weaver

SH Tackled After Maul - Eng v Arg

In bold, is precisely my previous post. Consider, just consider the referrees you see are doing it incorrectly. It is along similar lines as, If you tell a lie long enough eventually it becomes true. It is the bandwagon fallacy. Here is a quick attempt at basis for logic to indentify...
  9. Not Kurt Weaver

SH Tackled After Maul - Eng v Arg

This is an example of something that has been avoided, or unspoken of, or believed so long that it actually became true. i'm referring to players in ruck or maul who are offside yet are still able to compete for possession whilst being in that offside position. Then when someone questions...
  10. Not Kurt Weaver

Hmmmm

As best as i can tell from picture, Fiji has 5 in l/o, OZ has 3. The only real advantage OZ gains is 2 fiji fowards caught at l/o and not in defensive position to defend OZ back play. Perhaps OZ is offending at the throw in to offset misnumbers at l/o. Kind of offsetting infractions...
  11. Not Kurt Weaver

Has the high number of replacements skewed the game?

True that. the game has passed me by, it is someone else's game now. Although I played during lifting in the LO. It really, when you played the game when lifting was forbidden, is really silly and almost absurd.
  12. Not Kurt Weaver

The ball hit by a tent or tree outside the field.

That is a good question. Is the zombie an anyone? or is the zombie dog? The first zombie is easy, but the zombie dog is not covered in law.
  13. Not Kurt Weaver

The ball hit by a tent or tree outside the field.

If dog is sleeping, dog is a moving object; if dog is dead, he is fixed object. It is responsibility of touch judge to determine dead or alive during the game. I read this in my touch judge manual 3rd paragraph, 2nd page. It is a dynamic situation and requires compassion for dead...
  14. Not Kurt Weaver

Maul not Moving Forward

You know, I had to go to my long term memory. But I think Samoa used a similar tactic on peeling runners from the Welsh line out in '99 world cup. It was an under shoulder bind from the hooker, not above like these. The Samoans would essentially prebind post throw in but well before contact.
  15. Not Kurt Weaver

No smoke without fire?

I'm still registered, but you had the last laugh (see my halo wearing avatar).