Recent content by nylluma

1. N

Definition of "Out of the Ruck"

But what if the house leaves you behind? (e.g. red 6 clears blue 7, can another blue pick up the ball? Because i've seen instances where even after the clear and no one being on the ball, the ref penalised picking up the ball)
  2. N

Tackler/Jackler

Hello all, Red ball carrier runs towards Blue player. Blue player holds carrier and pulls him down but does not go to ground. Then blue attempts to jackal after releasing red. 1) Is blue a tackler? 2) Is the jackal legal? 3) Would the jackal be legal if blue didn't release red? Thanks.
  3. N

[Maul] uncontested maul

Lineout, blue wins the ball and players form a "maul." Red decides not to contest, and red 6 goes to tackle the ball carrier (below waist, no intention to bind.) However, as he goes for the tackle, the ball is transferred to the back of the "maul", he can't see bcause of players bound, so red...
  4. N

[Ruck] Jackaling

Hey all, I play back row in a Turkish team, and was away from rugby for a long time because of a series of injuries. What I am wondering is the refs’ opinions on “jackaling.” Before the rule change it was pretty straightforward, no contact no ruck, so jackaling was allowed. The new ruck rule...
  5. N

[Maul] Forming the maul

Hey all, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M3mfag9r4Y In 20:25, the ref calls maul when the teammate isn't bound to the ball carrier. I couldn't find anything related to this in the new laws, but 2017 laws said that the teammate should be bound to the ball carrier. And if this is a maul...
  6. N

[Maul] Stealing in maul?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRr2qaSL9M0 Hey all, In the last position (the maul) a) Is what Etzebeth doing legal? b) Why did the ref award the scrum?
  7. N

[Law] Advantage criteria

Hello all, I have a question about advantage in general. Law 7 states: 2. Advantage ends when: a) The referee deems that the non-offending team has gained an advantage. The referee allows play to continue; What are the criteria of the referee on gaining advantage? When does the ref deem an...
  8. N

[Law] on your Mark's

Hello all, I am back with another question! Law 17.1(a) states: To claim a mark, a player must: a)Have at least one foot on or behind their own 22-metre line when catching the ball or when landing having caught it in the air... Now, suppose that Red 15 jumps to catch the ball, catches it...
  9. N

[Law] Regarding a Try

Hello all, first post here, hope I don't make anything wrong :hap: Today I was looking at the 2018 laws and noticed something that looked a bit different to me: 8.2: A try is scored when an attacking player: e) Who is in touch or touch-in-goal, grounds the ball in the opponents’ in-goal...