Recent content by oxped

1. O

League game Abandoned if scrums go uncontested???

I was just brushing up on the Front row Regs, and RFU Reg 7.3 c,d and e have got my mind in a muddle. Is there a simple rule of thumb for when to abandon a match rather than go on with uncontested scrums? (as applies to a level 9/10 League match)
  2. O

First Super14 games and the ELV's

Has anyone managed to watch any of these on Sky? I have only managed to watch a bit of the first two games, but it is already interesting to see how the ELV's are affecting the game. As far as i can tell, there are still the same number of scrums, with some being taken instead of FK's. The...
  3. O

RWC Predictathon: Wk 4 Fixtures

Here are the last lot of the pool games: 28 September: England v Tonga 29 September: Australia v Canada Wales v Fiji Scotland v Italy New Zealand v Romania 30 September: France v Georgia South Africa v USA Ireland v Argentina
  4. O

Spear tackle

Does anyone think Emerick should have been given a Red Card for his tackle on Barkley? Just for the record, I think he should have, but am interested to know what others would have done.
  5. O

A couple of questions...

Your thoughts on these two things would be appreciated gents. 1. If a player is running forward and a defender runs up behind him and slaps the ball out of the attackers hand so that it goes towards the defenders goal line, what is the call? 2. In an ideal world what is the best position to be...
  6. O

Allowing a player to get up

I was under the impression that if a player dives on the ball in the field of play (eg full back collecting a kick through) he must be allowed to his feet- ie a defender cannot prevent him from getting up/playing the ball. Can someone just clarify this for me? Thanks
  7. O

staying logged in

robert I have not made any changes to the settings on my computer, but now I do not stay logged in to the forums. Has anything changed at your end? Thanks
  8. O

Quick Taps

Under what circumstances would you not allow a quick tap to be taken, apart from an injury obviously?
  9. O

twisted ankles

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to strenghen my ankles? I have just twisted mine for the third time this year and now face another 4-6 weeks out!:mad:
  10. O

Penalty kicked dead in goal

Penalty awarded to Red. They kick for touch, but the ball lands in the field of play and then rolls in goal and then dead, with no-one touching the ball. Is the correct decision a 22m drop out (ie no option of a scrum) because it was kicked from a penalty? Thanks
  11. O

how my first game went...

Well it was an interesting start to the afternoon with last minute ground changes and then pitch changes up until kick off but we got away in the end, and I have to say that on the whole I really enjoyed the experience, although a few things made my life easier. It was the first match of the...
  12. O

my first game...ever!

Just got my appointments and have finally been given my first game! suddenly everthing i knew has gone out the window, and I am wondering exactly what I am going to do! I know it is only a 'friendly' of the lowest level but I hope to not mess it up too much. but are there any pearls of wisdom...
  13. O

play on in goal

Can someone just clear this up for me? The ball goes in goal from a kick off or a restart, and the player decides to not ground the ball immediately, thus electing to play on. He then decides after wandering around in goal for a while to ground the ball- possibly not know the rules etc and...
  14. O

ref's kit

Hi all, I am just starting out and was wondering about what kit I will need and where is best to get it. I was wondering how much stuff i will need and would appreciate your thoughts from your experiences. Many thanks
  15. O

Correct attire

Hi all, I was talking to someone the other day who insisted that referees should always wear jacket and tie when arriving at the club and post match as well. It was argued that if you don't none of the players will have any faith in you to be any good. I can't see it stated anywhere that you...