Recent content by Phil E

1. Phil E

Law Changes 1 July 2022

Because at my level (7 and below) and even at 6 and 5 they do this all the time already, they may not know they are doing it and may not know what its called, but they do it every scrum. Its only at Pro level really that they want to get the brake foot back on the Bind to get more pressure on...
  2. Phil E

Where are you this weekend - 2022/23?

Just picked up a L7 pre-season friendly on Saturday, followed by a Colts pre-season the following Wednesday. ....and so we start again, bye bye weekends.
  3. Phil E

Law Changes 1 July 2022

They are just tidying up the wording from the re-write to bring them back in line with what actually happens.
  4. Phil E

Where are you this weekend - 2022/23?

Just had our annual training day on Sunday, which was very well attended. I expect the offer of free food and free kit had something to do with it :p Staffordshire referees are now resplendent in pink shirts and black shorts.
  5. Phil E

First Aid requirements 22/23 RFU season

The whole document keeps repeating itself over and over. You could easily re-write that whole 10 page document on 1 page.
  6. Phil E

Law Changes 1 July 2022

This is mostly last years trials being written into law. The only new law is the brake foot at the scrum and restrictions to water carriers. Not really relevant at the level we ref at. But good to see a summary of changes to the law book.
  7. Phil E

But isn't it like checking the pitch? A safety issue? If we knowingly allow a match to start without first aid cover and someone dies, where does that place the referee?
  8. Phil E

So the requirement is basically for 1 first aider per match at Colts. This is a recommendation only for adult games this coming season (compulsory next season). Do referees not start the game if this required (not recommended) cover is not in place?
  9. Phil E

Has anyone got a copy of the first aid requirements update for the coming season? I think it was posted in the RFU online magazine, but I can't seem to find it. Thanks
  10. Phil E

C'wealth Games

The human cannon relay race sounds like something I would pay to see!
  11. Phil E

Long Hair being tied up

Yes, for ANY players, not just ladies.
  12. Phil E

C'wealth Games

It probably helps when 85% of your population live near the coast.
  13. Phil E

Law 18.8 a

Which I feel is not helpful to the OP. I too got confused about actual and proposed and stopped reading! Maybe a topic for a new thread?
  14. Phil E

C'wealth Games

Car?
  15. Phil E

Law 18.8 a

No need to apologise, the law on touch can be one of the most confusing....luckily the players don't understand it either!