Recent content by Rich_NL

1. Rich_NL

France v Italy - potential spoiler

You bolded the end time, but not the begin. Garbisi hadn't started his approach to kick, with resetting the ball. By the time he did, I believe the chargers were all back and settled.
  2. Rich_NL

Where are you this weekend - 2023/24?

Nasty fracturen, many sympathies! Was it an accident or a stress fracture? Hope it clears up as soon as you can hope/expect!
  3. Rich_NL

Professional Truck and Trailer

He was behind, no obstruction. They felt the ex-maul was obstructing their players. It was one of those moments where I felt right, but everyone was so convinced otherwise I started to wonder. Felt a bit like the line length test: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asch_conformity_experiments :D
  4. Rich_NL

Right, got you. I ask because last season there was an attacking maul in the 22 that turned about 60 degrees, and the BC broke off the back and sprinted for the line (with one teammate half bound/close by) to score. The defending team were adamant that it was obstruction/truck and trailer, and...
  5. Rich_NL

Well, quite. So how is it different from breaking off from the maul and carrying on? Unless unbinding with the ball is the problem.
  6. Rich_NL

So the ball has to be passed away? Or can the 9 pull it out of the maul and go for a run himself?
  7. Rich_NL

Yellow card after try, after time

If you're that worried, you should abandon the match - which you're effectively doing by ending it in contravention of the laws. Unless it is exceptionally nasty-looking, to the point you would abandon it at any other point in the game, I'd call the captains over, manage it, and play on.
  8. Rich_NL

Grounded?

Probable is (must be!) good enough for the ref decision. To *overturn* a ref's on-field decision you need incontrovertible evidence.
  9. Rich_NL

Headline news or hidden away?

Except it's not comparable to buying and selling drugs, but to assault. There are emotional and social/cultural reasons that are beyond the scope of World Rugby to solve, but they can at least demonstrate a deterrence and give a signal that these people aren't as anonymous as they think (which...
  10. Rich_NL

Headline news or hidden away?

Telling a ref that their kids need to watch their backs, or messaging a ref's wife death threats, goes a little beyond "venting spleen". Don't play down criminal behaviour, please.
  11. Rich_NL

Knock on from a last play kick off

Because the logical capacity of a tight-5 player after 80 minutes of rugby might not stretch to the possibility of the opposition retrieving it..?
  12. Rich_NL

The skill and luck of the bokke

This seems histrionic. Have you forgotten Gatlandball, or the 10-man style the England ground out their win with in 2003? Have you tried rewatching games from the 80s, where 5 passes or tackles without a knock-on were remarkable occurrences? Against that, the quarterfinals this year were...
  13. Rich_NL

Goal kicking

I'm not sure why I'm treated to an eye roll for a suggestion, when there's a discussion going on about how to make PKs more challenging/encourage tries.
  14. Rich_NL

PK Advantages

The variables are there, you can't throw them away. Either it's worth it to a team to play the advantage, which you want, or it's not and they stop the game and take the penalty/scrum. Personally, I can't see any team taking a penalty on the halfway because analysts have told them prematch that...
  15. Rich_NL

Goal kicking

Doing backflips is also a skill but doesn't get rewarded. Changing shots on goal from place kicks to drop kicks would increase the skill required.