Recent content by Richyb

1. R

Tackle question.

Maybe I’m reading into this a bit too much but, what does “from the direction of their own goaline mean”? I’ve always been a bit confused by this term. For example, if the players are at far left field close to the touch line tacklers approaching could still join at quite the angle whilst still...
  2. R

Tackle question.

Thanks very much for the reply. I can’t see any of the laws which dictate a player must arrive “square” into the tackle area. Can you let me know which applied. Thanks
  3. R

Tackle question.

Hello guys. Apologies for my basic question I’m just trying to get a better understanding of the rules of the game which can be very complicated at first! My question is two fold. When a player has been tackled why do players form a caterpillar of players over the ball without a ruck being...
  4. R

Offside question

Thank you for the swift reply. That makes a lot more sense now. The current rule would almost suggest that the kicker would always have to chase the ball down in order to keep his teammates onside and to allow them to progress upfield. I was quite baffled for a while : )
  5. R

Offside question

My apologies if this is a basic question, but I’m just learning the rules of the game. Offside is when “a player is offside in open play if that player is in front of a team mate who is carrying the ball or who past played it.” My question is, when somebody kicks the ball up field, any player...