Recent content by ROY T

1. R

Verbal abuse of AR

In to-nights Connacht v Cardiff Blues game the Blues no 2 said something to the AR. The referee brought the player and the Blues captain to the side and explained what had taken place. The referee stated that he would not repeat what had been said but that it was foul language, he then give a...
  2. R

Referee Watch

Can you guys recommend a good referee watch, large face with simple control buttons at a reasonable price ?
  3. R

Ruck Offside

The infringement of being offside,especially when deliberate, denies or restricts the attacking team adequate space in which to operate and we as referees have responsibility to enforce the law as robustly as possibly in this regard. Is this a fair statement ? If I could then focus on the ruck...
  4. R

Offside-unable to avoid

Red LO on the 5m and defending, LO won and red SH passes to his OH who is deep in the in-goal. OH slips whilst attempting to clear his lines and his resultant miskick does not find touch and the ball is fielded by blue just beyond the LO position. The red forwards would not have had time to...
  5. R

TJ physically involved

I noticed the TJ in to-days Tigers v Saints game (at about 11 mins) directly becoming involved between two opposing players who were having a disagreement. It was mainly 'handbags' but the TJ walked onto the pitch, got between the players and was pulling and pushing them away from each other. I...