Recent content by SF_Rugger

1. S

Ruck Management Guide Part 2

From that wonderous guide, there is another two points that I am curious about the reactions. 1. The ball is out when there are no bodies over the ball from a bird’s eye view. I have yet to be able to gain a bird's eye view when reffing. I can barely get a badger's eye view of a ruck and now...
  2. S

What defines referee abuse?

After reading the thread on the L5 game that ended with a PT, RC for the scrum half and a PK for the win, i am wondering what actually constitutes abuse? :chin: It seems the consensus varies a bit. For me, it depends on the atmosphere and the pace of the game. If a game is close and both...
  3. S

Interesting Ruck Penalty

Watching the Wales (Red) v Italy (Blue) 6 Nations i saw an interesting event that caused me to stop and think. A Blue player took the ball into a tackle and a mess (ruck) formed. After a couple seconds, everyone involved in the ruck either went to ground or backed off. The Blue SH took...
  4. S

Pulling over the ruck

Played in a game this weekend and here is a scenerio that kept occuring that seemed wrong. Players from both sides form a ruck over the tackled player. Defensive players, not bound to the ruck, would pull attacking players over the ruck (think sealing but not by the players choice). Some...
  5. S

IRB Ruling #4 2008

The RFU has requested a ruling relating to Law 17 A maul is formed with Team A pushing their opponents (Team B) back towards their own goal line with the ball being clearly visible at the rear of the maul, all the defending side (Team B) bound to the maul voluntarily exit the maul, has the maul...
  6. S

YC for foul language?

Watching the Brumbies play the Cheetahs this week and i saw Steve Walsh YC a player for dissent (foul language) and admonish the captain several times for the same offense. I agree with what Mr. Walsh did and hope to see it more. Thoughts of everyone?