Recent content by Shelflife

1. S

Slim margins

But the game is all about slim margins CR, a winger goes for an intercept, misses by an inch and instead of scoring himself its a run in for his opposite number and a 14 point difference.
  2. S

Slim margins

I agree with you there, they weren't that different, but they were different, 6 inches lower and Kolisi has a perfectly legal tackle, 6 inches higher and its direct to the head and a red card. Its only 6 inches either way.
  3. S

Slim margins

Im happy with the word lottery, because once you go high you leave yourself open to conditions outside of your control. Crossref, the game wont be decided by a lottery but by a player who takes a chance on his tackle choice, this is what it all comes down to, player choice/decision all of which...
  4. S

Slim margins

Always is in a lottery Crossref, you either win or you lose.
  5. S

Slim margins

Yup its all about slim margins, Kolisi goes 3-6 inches higher and its a red card. Yes its a bit of a lottery, change of direction, sudden drop, direct, indirect, bent, not bent, wrap, no wrap. If you go high you buy a ticket into the what card will I get lottery and yes its all about the slim...
  6. S

Time Off For Scrum Collapse

What I would love to see at elite level scrum time is for the refs to implement the laws that are there. Atm there are way too many resets that if we at the amateur level allowed we would be moved down a level. Apply the laws, if they cant scrummage legally then PC,YC RC if wont be long until...
  7. S

RWC appointments

So Wayne Barnes at last gets a much deserved RWC final, Still at the top of his game. At the start I thought that Luke Pearse might run him close and Im at a loss as to why he didnt get any games after the group stage. Was he injured ?
  8. S

Training on a bike

I have a problem with my hips that means I cant do much running for training. I've been told to keep my running to match days only. I've recently bought a turbo trainer for my bike and signed up to Zwift, what kind of training on the bike would be best to keep me fit for reffing ?
  9. S

NZ vs IRL Test 3 - Andrew Porter‘s “absorbing tackle” on Brodie Retallick

As an Irishman watching through my green tinged glasses I was astounded when Porter didn't get a RC. For me its exactly the type of tackle that we want out of the game. Porter tackles Retallick, He makes no attempt to go low and is always in an upright position. He makes direct contact with...
  10. S

Offside when ball goes dead

In the match in question it didn't prevent the QTI, they took the QTI and then he blew the whistle.
  11. S

Offside when ball goes dead

Red have a ruck on their 5m line. The ball is passed back to red 10 who is deep in goal and he kicks for touch and finds it. Blue take a QTI and red12 who was ahead of the kicker and has advanced is in a position to make a tackle. Is red 12 offside ? or has the ball going dead negated the fact...
  12. S

WB shows YC for swearing

For me Barnes got it bang on. Player disputes decision, Ref tells him to stop , player escalates his disputing , Ref has to take action otherwise he loses control. Ref issues YC. Its not the Refs fault that the player is already on a YC.
  13. S

Placer / Holder

You have a point Crossref, but then at the next Pen they will want the "tee boy" to do the same and you will be blue in the face explaining it to them. Im a big believer in KISS, keep it simple stupid. Dont complicate things and avoid situations that can come back to bite you. One of the 15...
  14. S

They have to wait for us sir?

Sounds fine to me.
  15. S

Tights

Not being smart, tell them they have to wear shorts. If they don't, they cant play.