Recent content by shnipvanwinkel

1. S

Season-long ankle injury fitness options

Hey all, I am looking for the wisdom of the collective to help me to come up with a regimen for fitness whilst I nurse a distorted ankle. I am not allowed to run, jump or jog (anything which would put a shock through the ankle), and have been swimming and using an exercise bike/crosstrainer...
  2. S

2018 boots thread

Good gracious, but I'm sure he can fix that with some of this: and these: On a separate note, do we think Prince Charles is moonlighting as a rugby referee?
  3. S

2018 boots thread

Hey All, What is everyone wearing on their feet on the pitch this season? Need to purchase a new pair as my old ones have given up the ghost of being shoes! Thanks, SHNIP
  4. S

[Scrum] Back-row binding - new laws

This chap manages (Yes, I realise he is not bound to the prop. I worded it badly again. Must we all be such pedants?) Edit: Huskimost is my new favourite word. Surely a candidate for the OED word of the year 2018.
  5. S

Yep, badly worded, sorry. Here is the conventional scrum and this is where the 2 flankers can also bind: whilst the 8 can bind between the locks as above, or between one lock and a flanker on either side. Uncommon but legal, yes?
  6. S

Maybe this belongs in the new laws section, but thought I would ask our resident scrum "experts". I was slightly disappointed that there was no further clarification in the new law book regarding the legality of a flanker binding onto a lock without binding onto a prop. Presumably this is still...
  7. S

[Ruck] Preventing tackled player from releasing the ball/tackled player not releasing

Hello all! Perhaps this is a slightly rookie question, but anyway... In the situation where the tackler does this, obviously this is tackler not releasing, but I have had a few other situations where this has happened: the player first arriving at the ruck (i.e. forming the ruck) goes to...