Recent content by Skid986

1. S

Law 20 Clarification - FR Standing Up

It is commonplace for FR players to be penalised for 'standing up' in the scrum, with refs making a secondary signal in which their hand rises upwards with arm pivoting at the elbow. I can find no reference to this offence in law 20 and the secondary signal isn't shown either. Under which...
  2. S

Arscott Yellow Card v Saracens

I suspect I have a fundmental misunderstanding of the tackle situation. In the Saracens v Exeter match this weekend Arscott was yellow carded for what the commentators called a blatent offside and professional foul. My view was that he did nothing wrong and there wasn't even a penalty offence...
  3. S

Fra v Eng: Hands in Scrum?

Just been having a look at the brief highlights of the match on http://www.rugbydump.com/ During the scrum on Eng 5m line from which France scored (2:50ish on vid) I notice the French No 8 used his hand to reposition the ball on the ground in the scrum, before rebinding, driving and...
  4. S

Retaking Conversion

Greater Birmingham U13 cup semi-final. Blue have just scored in the corner but a Black player received a head injury in goal. Time off while ref and both coaches (both of whom are TJs) attend to injured player. Blue kicker takes conversion from touchline and loud cheer goes up from home crowd...
  5. S

Should Ref cancel try on late call of dawdling TJ?

U15 school match in a 6 school tournament. 10 minutes each way. Blue playing Black. Blue are home team and favourites, 4 converted tries up against a 14 man Black team. Half-time looms. Scrum in middle of half-way line. Black win ball and pass along the line to winger who sprints down 5m...
  6. S

School teams playing to Continuum?

My son is an U12 and has played for the local club under the continuum for a few seasons. He has now also started playing for his new school as a year 7 pupil. I was surprised to find his school playing full pitch and 15 players. Are schools not required to play according to the Continuum?