Recent content by Skids

1. S

How Long will He Likely be Banned for?

Saracens vs Wasps. Owen Farrell Saracens only hopes of any glory this season is the Heineken Cup and with the quarter finals in 2 weeks, is he likely to be banned for longer than that? Presumably some mitigation from his instant remorse and previous good conduct?
  2. S

Visiting New Zealand Soon - out of season?

Mrs Skids & I jet down to NZ this Saturday (4 Feb) and spend the next 3 weeks or so touring South Island. We are taking the odd day off here and there and whilst it would be brilliant if we could catch a local match somewhere, I'm assuming that because it's summer there, it's out of season? Correct?
  3. S

SA BaaBaas vs Eng...TMO remit

Just watching the SA Barbarians vs England midweek team. Minute 29:09, Wade tackled short of try line but his momentum may take him across line, and he should score. BaaBaa 11 dives in, leading with elbow which strikes Wades neck (1st point of contact) and pushes him out of play. Clearly...
  4. S

Apple iPhone & iPad; what were they thinking?

And I my HTC HD2. Apple are suitable for many many people. They give great customer service and folk love to use their products. They work. Usually in a limited sense though, compared to their rivals. They also use old technology inside, and their closed design means that Apple control what...
  5. S

At what point...

...does a lineout become a maul? I've noticed several times a defending side pulling down what looks like a maul yet not penalised. Clearly, it occurs almost immediately after the catcher touches the ground, but what is the point at which he can no longer be legally brought to ground. Apols if...
  6. S

moving house - which society advice please

Morning all! Am planning to move house from Suffolk to Herts soon, but as the house is very close to Beds and Cambs, would anyone recommend a particular society to join? PM's gratefully accepted if you don't want to go "public". Thanks.
  7. S

England RWC 11 30-man squad announced

England Rugby World Cup squad Forwards Dan Cole Alex Corbisiero Tom Croft Louis Deacon Nick Easter Dylan Hartley James Haskell Courtney Lawes Lee Mears Lewis Moody Tom Palmer Simon Shaw Andrew Sheridan Matt Stevens Steve Thompson David Wilson Tom Wood Backs Delon Armitage Chris Ashton Matt...
  8. S

Lawes out of 6N

Just heard....bugger, that will hit England hard. Real shame for the lad, has been on good form. :(
  9. S

kick to touch

I can't clarify the law regarding this, please help: White kick to touch from their own 22, but since the ball lands off the field of play, white forwards (who are upfield) do not retire 10m. Blue take quick throw in but have to keep the ball tight as white forwards are midfield denying any...