Recent content by willsie

1. W

Aus v Wales - Alan Lewis

Possibly the worst performacne of any referee on the entire european tour. Alan Lewis is well and truly single handedly ruining the game of rugby. I personally find him to be extremely inconsistant. He loves to be the centre of attention, and the game isn't complete without him having a major...
  2. W

2009 Australian Law Release

Tonight we were privy enough to see the Laws to be played 'downunder' in 2009. They are to be implemented across the board through all ages. The main differences to the 2009 season as opposed to the 2008 are the removal of the tackle offside line, the ability to play the ball with your hands...
  3. W

Cricket Woes Continue For The English

Just thought i would remind you all of the 5-0 ashes whitewash. it was fantastic to witness it, im just a little depressed that im no longer in england to remind you of it as i was of your 2-1 victory! Anyhow, as the one dayers begin and australia have yet another comprehensive win (did i...
  4. W

Quick Throw 'baulking'

Firstly, no idea if i spelt that right, but if i havn't this thread isn't off to a good start!! I was watching a game a while back when i noticed a player who had run back to collect a ball with the thought of attempting a quick throw, a defending player came down and stood between the two...
  5. W

Kaplan? Why the current Obsession

Is it just me or has anyone else realised that of late Kaplan seems to be the 'number one' in the eyes of the IRB and other appointing societies, with him even been given the Super 14 final. Been a New South Welshman the fact that we have lost something ridiculous like 13 out of the past 14...
  6. W

Berkshire next year

Hey, Next year i am doing a GAP over in England, in Bracknell, Berkshire, which is about an hour out of London near a place called Ascot. I want to referee over there next year and was wondering what was the best association to get involved with that will be close by, as i will be catching...
  7. W

NZ refs - do we really need them?

Being an aussie myself, i acknowledge that the teachings in NZ are different to those that r taught here in OZ, especially in terms of positioning. But i think that Steve Walsh and Paul Honiss are possibly the two worst referee's in world rugby. Walsh is even managing to stuff up from the...
  8. W

Ligament tear

I recently tore 2 ligaments in my ankle, and i am currently on the road to recovery. Was wondering if anyone had done this before and therefore if any one has any suggestions of stretches methods that i could implement to get me back on the paddock ASAP. Thanks