Penalty goal

RedCapRef

Getting to know the game
Post Likes
Just a thought. If bouncing of a post = touching the ground. How can a kick at goal be successful if it touches the ground (post / crossbar)?
Good point to which at this time I have not got an answer, apart from expected outcome of everyone involved or watching.

Marc Wakeham

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Good point to which at this time I have not got an answer, apart from expected outcome of everyone involved or watching.
Just because someone expects something it does not make it right.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
This is just about where the kick would be taken. The kick has not gone directly into touch if it has bounced of the post so would be the same as bouncing on the ground before going into touch. So if it is non offending side throwing in it is from where it reaches the touchline, not from where the kick was taken. Unless there is somewhere a law that says the posts is not considered as the field of play.
Law 17 suggests that hitting sticks is not the same as hitting ground

A player may claim a mark even if the ball hits a goal post or crossbar before being caught.

RedCapRef

Getting to know the game
Post Likes
Law 17 suggests that hitting sticks is not the same as hitting ground

A player may claim a mark even if the ball hits a goal post or crossbar before being caught.
Thank you, I had not processed that earlier. In that case if the ball does go straight into touch after hitting the posts (Upright or crossbar) then it should be the non-offending team to throw into the lineout from in line with the position that the kick was taken.

Stu10

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
Thank you, I had not processed that earlier. In that case if the ball does go straight into touch after hitting the posts (Upright or crossbar) then it should be the non-offending team to throw into the lineout from in line with the position that the kick was taken.

I don't think quite right... according to the clarification, the non-kicking team throws in (which is the offending team wrt the penalty).