Search results

1. M

Penalty Kick

Indeed they may but not when they have indicated a kick at goal andthe law covers thet reasonably well.
  2. M

No quick throw line out - "Marked!"

Of course you always have an eye for afters in ANY situation. But we still play advantage! The Blue player is wrong in law. He may feel agrieved that you call a forward pass. That he might do so (withpout any justification) is not a reason not to play advantage.
  3. M

Who's been "conned" in your scenario? Blue cheated and Red scored. The only problem is Red taking the piss. That can be dealt with as in any similar situation where players wind up the oposition. IIf Red's action is bad enought stop play and "guys we have a FK / PK against Blue and a PK...
  4. M

Penalty Kick

If the player then kicks it from the floor it has become a place kick as it is not kicked "out of hand"
  5. M

Penalty Kick

Just a thought or two: Was is before the law was changed? I'm sure at one time you could place kick to touch. Perhaps the referee just got it wrong or didn't know the law? I don't see it as "naivety" to expect a kicker to comply with the law. I think you last bit is covered. The law does not...
  6. M

Play advanatge if appropriate. At the stoppage have a strong word or Yellow card are appropriate. Same effect and the non-offending side have not been "punished" too! Avoid using the whistle if you can.
  7. M

Penalty Kick

Also Off the floor is a place kick. That can ONLY be for goal. So that in itself would be an indication of a goal attempt. Another point is that if we get an indication of a kick at goal we sent the TJs / aRs behind the posts So, they are no longer placed to mark the line of touch. So, there...
  8. M

Penalty Kick

If I saw a "kick for goal" amazingly fielded by a winger my alarm bells would be ringing. I have once seen a missed kick at goal result in a try. But the kick missed by inches landing between the posts amongst a group of defenders who were guilty of ball watching our centre chasing the kick was...
  9. M

If you start to deny advantage "in case of the possibility of afters" you many as well take advantage out of the book. I understand the issue of Foul play at youth and below levels
  10. M

Penalty Kick

The referee has to make a judgement call. On the basis that I've not seen a kick for the posts go into touch in 20 years of reffing and over 50 years in the game I'll not lose too much sleep over the scenario. To be completely honest It would have to be a very good team of actors to pull it...
  11. M

Penalty Kick

Obviously any missed penalty might stay in the FOP. However, this has nothing to do with the point.
  12. M

Penalty Kick

Law 20.8 Theplayer may punt, drop-kick or place the ball (other than for a touch) the ball Sanction Scrum
  13. M

Penalty Kick

That'd run the risk of the referee not buying it. A scrum inside their own 22 would be a sore punishment for such a"chopperesque" piece of nonsense
  14. M

Penalty Kick

World rugby CLEARLY disagrees with you: Clarification 2 2006 Ruling in Law by the Designated Members of the Rugby Committee Clarification 2-2006...
  15. M

Returning Referee in need of new laws summary!

Not that I know of. I suggest you download the latest law book and read it. Maybe reading alongside the 2019 book to compare? Then get along to your society and use their experience.
  16. M

Penalty Kick

No you can only place kick for goal. However, if such a kick goes wrong and UNINTENTIONALLY goes into touch the line out goes againt the kicker.
  17. M

Penalty Kick

It is pretty clear that you are not allowed to intentionally kick for touch via a place kick. BUT if a Kick at goal goes into touch off the posts (pussible) OR if it is sliced into touch (highly unlikely, so not specifically covered except by implication - Chopper was not at that meeting!)...
  18. M

Penalty Kick

Here is the clarification (for clarity): Clarification 2 2006 Ruling in Law by the Designated Members of the Rugby Committee Clarification...
  19. M

Was this ball correctly dropped?

With nearly 12 minutes on the clock? Now that would be a critical error!
  20. M

Was this ball correctly dropped?

Three Points: 1: I t looks like it was a punt to me. 2: In real time, what ref is likely to pick that up? Was it C&O? Same goes for the TMO (To examine the kick smothing needs to " sow the seed of doubt" in his mind)". 3: Had it been ID'd as a punt the 21.11 applies.