Search results

1. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Back heeled conversion

I refereed a league game L9? about 10-12 years ago or so which finished 109-0. After about 40-50 points their props started making noises about wanting to take conversions. I told the captain that whilst I couldn't insist they didn't I suggested that "if you play long enough (he wasn't that...
  2. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Fixing a touch flag

I used to buy cheap Mike Ashley specials when I was "young and keen". K**bheads running touch would lose and/or damage them so I stopped bothering. My RFU flag for National Panel gigs is thing to behold and quite robust - with a detachable floppy bit when it needs a wipe/wash.
  3. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Where are you this weekend - 2021/22?

Traumatic to say the least. But for the restructure would've suffered 2 consecutive relegations. Nice lads. Great facilities - Huddersfield Giants train there. Not sure what's happened with the rebranding, maybe YMCA have pulled out? I know they (the YMCA) took over the running of things a...
  4. Lee Lifeson-Peart

16 @ L7 2 ARs @ Nat2 N (L4)
  5. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Should Refs Only Wear Black Shorts?

Our shorts in GOC are navy blue or black depending which shirt you're trying to accessorise with, along with black, green or navy socks ditto. It all looks quite smart, however at £60 for one set of full kit I shall wear my old stuff as the sponsors haven't changed. In my case a Samarai shirt...
  6. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Here's one I've never seen in Senior Rugby.

Bien sur! Having said that BOK in the 6N didn't FIU. :ROFLMAO: Although he did have the "benefit" of talking to Nic Berry and the TMO.
  7. Lee Lifeson-Peart

I know. I've met you!;)
  8. Lee Lifeson-Peart

I know what you mean. Foul Play - despite us all having a clear definition in the LotG - still conjures up dirty/dangerous/unsportsmanlike play in my mind's eye and I think that's why I didn't go for my pocket on this occasion. On reflection I was wrong in Law as Phil and chbg pointed out but...
  9. Lee Lifeson-Peart

High LH Binding

10. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Forcing it down wasn't an option unless he stood up and ran back into in goal. The throw was from the FoP into touch (whilst he was on the ground). His options other than his illegal act shouldn't enter into the PT decision. He could have stood up, side stepped all three and ran the length of...
  11. Lee Lifeson-Peart

I think I just talked myself out of it. I'll remember next time.
  12. Lee Lifeson-Peart

He wasn't tackled. He slid on the floor gathered the ball and hoiked it into touch in one deft movement. I worked on the beam him up principle and once removed 3 blues could have picked up the ball and scored - a try would "probably" have been scored.
  13. Lee Lifeson-Peart

And not award the PT? I thought about carding him as well! :ROFLMAO:
  14. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Blue kick through to corner and red FB runs across to cover. Kicker and two team-mates are bearing down on FB. No team mates of FB within 20 metres. He gathers the ball and.... flings it into touch!!!! ?????? L7!!!!!!!! I run under the crossbar and award PT. I perhaps should have explained...
  15. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Kicking the ball in the scrum

I had this occur a couple of times with 2 hookers (same side). Never happened before in 17 years of refereeing despite having refereed this team loads of times over the years. On their oppos put in they would try and kick it towards their oppos. One foot, so nothing illegal there. Oppos were...
  16. Lee Lifeson-Peart

This weekend - and my last game of the season barring accidents - L7 Yorkshire 1 Bradford Salem v Huddersfield YMCA Bragging rights for the worst team in Yorkshire 1 13th v 14th. Loss for YMs will resign them to last. No relegation due to restructure however. The best thing about the whole...
  17. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Mark. Clean catch

IME I would say most markers call "Mark" and do the bent arm. Some just the bent arm only. Fewer shout "mark" only. No one shouts mark and slams their heel into the turf and then collapses clutching their shattered posterior cruciate ligament. :rolleyes: