Search results

1. C

Where are you this weekend - 2022/23?

..wake me up when September comes
  2. C

Law Changes 1 July 2022

I think the last three are all basically new, and relevant to us Law 13.3 change is the most important - if you look at the Law itself (not just the comments above) you'll see that 13.3 no longer applies at all the in goal, something we have often hypothesised about
  3. C

Law Changes 1 July 2022

In case anyone hasn't seen them https://www.world.rugby/the-game/laws/guidelines/23 but you DO need to click through to the detail, which is here. https://resources.world.rugby/worldrugby/document/2022/06/23/02832614-d535-4a7d-b02d-4c409de18152/2022-Law-changes-Summary-List.pdf or
  4. C

Ball ripped in goal no foul play Australia vs Argentina

this is a Law Change last month - the red text is new (1 July) 13.3 A player on the ground in the field of play, without the ball is out of the game and must: Allow opponents who are not on the ground to play or gain possession of the ball. Not play the ball. Not tackle or attempt to tackle an...
  5. C

First Aid requirements 22/23 RFU season

last season I asked a water carrier please could he not come on the pitch also carrying a can of lager. I wasn't exactly overjoyed when, later in the game, he turned out to also be the first aider ! (he had, at least, abandoned the lager !)
  6. C

C'wealth Games

All races should just be a competition to get from A to B as fast as possible, any technique allowed
  7. C

C'wealth Games

Walking is natural, of course, but it's not the movement for speed, for racing
  8. C

Law 18.8 a

Didds you are right, it's needless complicated now
  9. C

C'wealth Games

Whoever said it wasn't difficult? I am sure it is Also difficult would be 1500m running backwards (backrun) Also difficult would be 1500m running but your legs and arms must move together (butterfly run) Also difficult would be 1500m in a sack All very difficult, all rather silly.
  10. C

C'wealth Games

athletics at it's best is when it's simple and pure : Fastest, Highest, Furthest. So yes - long jump is pure (Furthest) - but should be freestyle, no restrictions on the type of jump, the Delamere flip should be legal - high jump is pure (Highest) - but should be freestyle, no restrictions...
  11. C

C'wealth Games

Swimming is just silly, all swimming should be freestyle It's as though we had 200m running 200m skipping 200m running backwards 200m jumping 200m walking 200m sideways running Etc (And, yes, walking races are equally silly)
  12. C

NZ v Ireland Test 2 - Red card situation with Savea

hang on ! we were talking about the likelihood of a captain deliberately making a false claim that a the oppo has too many players on the pitch (exceedingly rare, hen's teeth, blue moon, black swan event) that's rather different from players pushing the Laws and the ref as far as they can...
  13. C

if both captains are complaining that the other team have too many players, then I think something more serious has gone wrong! I dunno, Marc, you and I are different: I can understand the logic for a 'trust no one' approach, but it's not my experience of rugby, and it's not my approach to...
  14. C

I like that, yes. it's good, and ideally you can quickly communicate that approach to the capt 'Sir they have 16' 'understood --- I'll play on and count them when the ball's dead'
  15. C

consistency is a red herring - this only happens once in blue moon, and every circumstance is different. I guess it's a combination of how big the circuit is, how many refs there are, and *how long you've been doing it* ;) but, yeah, I don't 'know' the captains in the sense of knowing...
  16. C

there are no easy answers -- but reffing is all about using judgement, isn't it? Of course sometimes you'd ignore a shout and play on. but I do honestly believe that almost all the captains I know have sufficient integrity that they would only say 16 players if they were very sure it was true...
  17. C

NZ vs IRL Test 3 - Andrew Porter‘s “absorbing tackle” on Brodie Retallick

the other one is that many times you see a warning .. then adv / new adv / new adv -- and the ref doesn't put a defender in the bin because the attackers manage to score. So the pending YC is cancelled...
  18. C

there's no easy answer is there? I just think I'd rather be in this situation rather than he told me, I played on, the oppo scored with 16, and then I said 'sorry try stands' choice between a rock and hard place, I realise. Of course in the instance it happens we don't have a chance to...
  19. C

Most of the games I ref i have met the captains before . Almost all of those captains I trust If one of them suddenly told me the oppo had 16 people on the field I actually think I'd believe him and blow my whistle.
  20. C

I am talking about the rule that you have to play front row players in the scrum, even when scrums are uncontested. This is nothing to do with YC So . Scenario ... Red prop has injury and goes off .. no STE replacement so uncontested .. no man off (perhaps it's a head injury, or man off does...