Search results

1. didds

Time wasting

what were Aus' lineout stats for front ball on their own throw all game ?
  2. didds

Time wasting

you keep it simple. Own 22, midfield, oppo 22. pop and flop (from scrum etc) kick long and smother own PK - lineout front ball, - then back to pop and flop. thats about it really
  3. didds

Time wasting

we did at U16 community level!
  4. didds

Charge down, teammate in front picks up ball and runs

all that means is the grubber kick lands eg 1m in fornt of the kicker. so there is your point of landing which the oppo failed to catch. CF a long kick that bounces 30m downfield and rolls. How else can you interpret it ?
  5. didds

Time wasting

You'd have to ask the law makers about that. Until such time as they deem fit to change it, the laws give 60 seconds for a PK, even if its clear that 59 seconds of it are time wasting, and no specific time allowance for kicks from hand. End of. didds
  6. didds

Lineout and use of outside arm...?

and generally speaking, and especially at commnity levels - both arms are generally needed to aid the spring, to help the lift.
  7. didds

Lineout and use of outside arm...?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  8. didds

is a charge down if the kicker kicks the ball into an opponent (presumably accidentally!) with no voluntary action by the opponent? for an extreme example if the opponent has their back to the kicker ?
  9. didds

Aus v SA Handbags at dawn or more?

maybe this is where the potential of asking the scoring captain would be a useful option as in "captain, do you want the try awarded to the scorer there for 5 points and a conversion to come " [points to place ball was dotted down ] or a PT and 7 points but no try scorer?" I appreciate this...
  10. didds

Its all contextual. 6 points down and into 80+ minutes they'll take the PT and 7 points every time.,
  11. didds

And we are back to faf and face slaps ...
  12. didds

"simulation" in the professional game

So theer is no PK-only availability? I cant swear Im right but Im sure Ive seen reviews of contacts to head with alleged such low force its PK only ... didds
  13. didds

"simulation" in the professional game

Its a no-win scenario. I dont condone any play acting etc - but had he played on as normal would Aus have been awarded a PK? Would FdK have received a YC? As FdK got a YC then we must believe his action was foul play. Would it have been blown/played as such without the silliness? I dont know...
  14. didds

Aus v SA Koroibete Cover Tackle

from a technical perspective that's a terrible tackle. Head in the wrong place. At a time when concussion issues are being addressed (and stretching the remit here) at what juncture should players be penalised for endangering themselves?
  15. didds

Yes. Obviously. It just means the nuance over the red winger is irrelevant to the question asked. Its redundant information in the OP.
  16. didds

OB

Glad to hear you are (leg aside) on good form OB :-)
  17. didds

would it not be that the ball effectively - from a grubber - has landed a metre or two in forint of the kicker... and the 10m law is a line across the field - so blue standing near the red winger is still offside under the 10m law?
  18. didds

First Aid requirements 22/23 RFU season

made me smile - the only time I played in the USA was a game for PAC in D.C. in 1990. Back then there was no club house, and the pitch was IIRC adjacent to the treasury building. One either arrived changed or changed in the bushes. After ,match you changed in the bushes or went to the pub/home...
  19. didds

OB

I havent seen any posts from OB recently (though thats also probably my own inability to register much!). hope he is OK. didds