• Welcome to the new forums. Please can you take a few minutes to visit The Rugbyrefs.com Forum near the bottom and vote of the colour scheme to be used for new joiners many thanks Admin Team

Search results

1. C

Referee Signals Quiz

i think would be better to have the quiz the other round ? Given an offence --- what is the signal?
  2. C

Deliberate Knock On?

yep, we do.
  3. C

Deliberate Knock On?

The incident in question looked a bit like Maradonna's hand of God. I think the ref could have sold a PK if he had felt inclined
  4. C

Deliberate Knock On?

Perhaps the leeweay should go to the person with the best chance of scoring, and more suspicion levelled against the defender ?
  5. C

Deliberate Knock On?

Basically, on some circumstances, you have two players leaping for the ball, it's 50 / 50 who will catch it, but only one of them has a possible PK to worry about, if he knocks on
  6. C

Seatbelt Tackles

There was some new guidance (AIUI) to the elite refs
  7. C

Tights

and bring back baggy jerseys?
  8. C

Deliberate Knock On?

It was a kick A team mate of the kicker did a one handed knock on that .. had it been done by the opponent... would definitely have earned a PK and possible YC A scrum was given So, should both teams he treated equally or is the kicking side treated favourably
  9. C

FK for exceeding 1.5m push at scrum

these things happen when you first start to ref :) as others said : you can usually manage it -- call STOP and they do, and use a FK only for repeated offending (rare) haven given this particular FK, it might have been judicious to call them back when they took it quickly - you must have had...
  10. C

Tights

What if it was a woman?
  11. C

Where are you this weekend - 2021/22?

Doing my customary quick research for my game tomorrow I find I have 1st v 2nd in their league, the winner quite likely to finish champions, and the reverse fixture earlier in the season won by a last minute conversion. I reckon I will need to be on my toes!
  12. C

Where are you this weekend - 2021/22?

i find it pretty reliable, actually. Probably because an outgoing contact quickly gets irritated by incoming calls, and gets it fixed :-)
  13. C

Age-grade line-out lifting

Phil is quite right, but my impression is that it's not often penalised .. more often managed out Others can correct me if I am wrong ..
  14. C

Tights

clearly the correct answer in Law. in practice what should a referee do ?
  15. C

Tights

Question: is a player allowed to wear leggings only - i.e. NO SHORTS ? (spotted in the wild at the weekend)
  16. C

Advice on "water-carriers" not leaving the field of play quickly enough

Injuries are a bit different, you can't stop them being injured. But where practical you can play on ..
  17. C

so as to be in a position to receive the ball

So here's another one similar to the Scotland try -- but taken somewhat further (it's the second video, here, can't seem to link direct to it) There are (I reckon) 5 players who are not in line, but rather milling about ready to join the maul. Have they all left the lineout so as to be...
  18. C

New Forum Feedback

wow. slight tanget how about reducing the like options to three Like = 1 point Love = 2 points Dislike = -3 or something like that
  19. C

New Forum Feedback

so - how do the points really work, and are they broken ? I see lots of people on exactly 113 points, which seems a bit odd?
  20. C

5 metre lineout this weekend

for me that's given the defence an extra 50cm -- which isn't normally important, but so close to the try-line might as well get it precise. So, I also mark the defensive line and I mark it about 50cm inside the 5m line. Although at our level, again, it rarely really comes up, they don't...