Search results

1. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Scrum on halfway

A discussion with my son prompted this. #1 son - the one who is not a referee. Scrum bang on half way. Let's say option from a rubbish restart. So, for 50/22 purposes is the ball inside both halves or neither or just for the team winning the scrum? Does that make sense? It was never an issue...
  2. Lee Lifeson-Peart

RFU Sucession Plan

Just noticed this yesterday. England RWC 2015 Coaching Team:- Head Coach Stuart Lancaster - Senior Coach @ Leinster. Scrum Coach Graham Rowntree - Head Coach @ Munster Attack/Skills Coach Mike Catt - Attack Coach with Ireland via Italy. Defence Coach Andrew Farrell - Head Coach with Ireland...
  3. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Calling for the ball from an opponent - TREDS?

In my AR game last weekend. Black #4 ball carrier carries ball for 10m or so close to my touchline. He has support with him. As he is tackled blue player #13 chasing him calls "yes right" or similar and black offloads to him without looking. Blue #13 sets off in the other direction. Black #4...
  4. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Time flies...

It's 25 years ago yesterday since I played my last game of "proper" Rugby. I broke my thumb and hurt my back in the first tackle of the game and came off vowing never to play again. I didn't (sort of). I was 35. Ironically my club went into a tailspin thereafter and we dropped from L6/L7 to the...
  5. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Doddie Weir

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/63768331
  6. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Where are you this weekend - 2022/23?

Here we go, about to commence my 17th season in God's Own County. This weekend Pre-season friendly at L8/L7ishy. Dinnington v Mansfield Anticipating a bright red face and cramp. Forecast is for more of the same. Low 30s today. Still, could have been worse, I could have been refereeing this...
  7. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Here's one I've never seen in Senior Rugby.

Blue kick through to corner and red FB runs across to cover. Kicker and two team-mates are bearing down on FB. No team mates of FB within 20 metres. He gathers the ball and.... flings it into touch!!!! ?????? L7!!!!!!!! I run under the crossbar and award PT. I perhaps should have explained...
  8. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Kicking the ball in the scrum

I had this occur a couple of times with 2 hookers (same side). Never happened before in 17 years of refereeing despite having refereed this team loads of times over the years. On their oppos put in they would try and kick it towards their oppos. One foot, so nothing illegal there. Oppos were...
  9. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Where are you this weekend - 2021/22?

This weekend:- Sheffield Tigers II v Leicester Lions II Dore Moor in August = 30% chance of dying of hypothermia. 2nd of 2 pre-season games for me. Refereed last weekend. Only one 50/22 , no GLDOs, no latching PKs.
  10. Lee Lifeson-Peart

France v Scotland

Has Barnesy had to pop into Sports Direct for some AR flags? :biggrin:
  11. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Sonny Bill Williams

SBW has retired from both Rugbies to concentrate on boxing. He was a fantastic player in both codes. I first saw him as 19 year old playing for Canterbury Bulldogs against Leeds Rhinos at Elland Road in the World Club Challenge in 2005. Cheap shots and shoulder charges aside his offloading...
  12. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Where are you this weekend 20/21?

Never thought I'd get here. This weekend I have a "pre-season" friendly under the the new law variations. Thornensians v Barnsley Looking forward to it despite it being my club, no shower?, no beer. My lad has been refereeing in the Allianz Women's Premiership and he's noticed the difference...
  13. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Rugby returns - sort of

https://www.ncarugby.com/announcements/rfu-confirm-plans-for-nca-cup-competition/
  14. Lee Lifeson-Peart

New record

A new record for me on Saturday. Biggest aggregate score in 13 years of refereeing = 110 pts. Unfortunately 103 of them were score by one team! :wow: It was Merit League game which always have the potential to throw up spurious results. That said the game was excellent in terms of the spirit...
  15. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Gloucester v Leicester - ruck

I was watching the above match from last Friday(?) Near the end of the first half there's a tackle that ends up with tackler Kyle Eastmond (Lei) trapping the ball, in the now formed ruck, under his legs. Tempest tells Heinz (Glo SH) the ball's available which is debatable but WH dutifully digs...
  16. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Where are you this weekend? 2018/19

Off we go again. :) This weekend I have:- Level 7 - Yorkshire 1 Old Crossleyans (Halifax) v Dinnington Crocs, former club of BCM666 of this parish (occasionally) and newly promoted against Dinno relegated from N1E last year. I did Crocs' last game of last season by coincidence.
  17. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Minutes' silence.

Notwithstanding the fact I'm not sure what the plural of minute's (minutes') silence is, I usually have a request to do a pre-match minute's silence every other season or so. This season I have had four! The first was actually a minute's applause. Three were for club members who had died of...
  18. Lee Lifeson-Peart

Season 2016/17 - The Curse of LLP!!!!

Now the season is just about finished here in RFU land baring the odd cup game I thought I'd reflect on my season. First season at my new fighting weight having shed 20lb since this time last year. Missed all October with a recurrence of my herniated disc problem. After a number of good...
  19. Lee Lifeson-Peart

England v France

Listened to 2nd half on R5L on way home from my game but had to turn it off as I couldn't stand listening to Matt Dawson. What an irritating little twat that man is. :mad: I will form an opinion on AG's performance when I watch it on "tape".
  20. Lee Lifeson-Peart

[Golden Oldies] Ex-international Rugby Players

My current list of ex-internationals I have refereed increased by 20% on Saturday. It currently stands at 6. Jamie Bloem - SA RL Garry Pearce - Wales RU, British Lions, Wales RL Dave Scully - Eng 7s John Bentley - Eng RU, British Lions, GB RL Mark Calderwood - GB RL, England RL Chris Sheasby...