Search results

1. Adam

Agadir dir dir

Looking to book a cheap holiday in January to somewhere with a beach and is warm (and cheap). Any suggestions? Current first place is Agadir in Morocco. Anyone been?
  2. Adam

how can there ever be a clash of colours these days?

No clashes in Yorkshire this season!
  3. Adam

Maul Box Kick

Black have created a maul, with their 8 in possession at the back. Blue 4 has joined the maul legally and is still bound onto the maul. Black 9 picks the ball out of the maul and tries a box kick. Blue 4 unbinds just after this and charges said kick down. Decision?
  4. Adam

FAO: Australian Members

I am flying out to Australia on Friday. This is my itinerary: - Perth: 1st June until 20th July. - Brisbane on 20th July and will be making my way up the Queensland coast to Cairns by 30th July. - Melbourne: 30th July until 2nd August (seeing an old friend). I have been in contact with WA...
  5. Adam

How long will half time be Sir?

RFU Level 7 league match. Away team coach comes to me and says: Where do we as referees stand on this? Today I replied and got an agreement between the two coaches before the game. They agreed on a 7 minute half time as the home team wanted to stay outside.
  6. Adam

Medical Elective in Australia - Summer 2014

My friend and I are two fourth year medical students at Sheffield University looking to visit Australia for our elective in summer 2014. It is a 7 week placement between 2nd June and 18th July. We are pretty flexible with where we want to go but have provisionally looked at Melbourne, Brisbane...
  7. Adam

Experiences of Crouch-Bind-Set-Yes 9

So today I had my first game under the new scrum laws. Context was a very local derby; black (L7) vs. Blue (L8, relegated last season), with two teams known to have interesting disciplinary records. Final score was 7-0 to Black. What I found today was: - the players still try to make a hit -...
  8. Adam

Montpellier vs. Toulon

Anyone else watching this match? What do you reckon about the new scrum laws in action here?
  9. Adam

Kick off goes direct to touch...

Kick off goes direct to touch. A player from the receiving team catches the ball and attempts a quick throw in. However he is wrapped up and prevented from doing so by one of the kicker's team mates. Both the referee and his assistant referee agree it should be a penalty kick. Where should the...
  10. Adam

Gloucester Exchange

I've got Stroud vs. Bristol Saracens on Saturday. Anyone done them or got any useful knowledge?
  11. Adam

Herts

I've got Hitchin vs. Wasps Amateurs on Saturday. Any information?
  12. Adam

Woodford vs. Chelmsford - Last Minute Exchange!

Got the call from our appointments guy here in Yorkshire saying the original referee has had to cry off due to unexpected work commitments. I have been appointed to the level 7 fixture Woodford vs. Chelmsford in London 2 North East. Anyone got any advice? Looking at the distance separating it...
  13. Adam

Durham Exchange - 13th October

I'm off on exchange to Durham Society on 13th October to do Wallsend vs. North Shields (level 8). Anyone got any information?
  14. Adam

Leicester Exchange...Tomorrow!

I know this is very late to ask but I'm off to 'Leicestershire' tomorrow to referee Stamford vs. Deepings (L8). Any information?
  15. Adam

YC Advantage?

League match. Yellow versus Black. Score 0-0. 29th minute of the first half. Careless high tackle by black 10 about 35 metres out from black's goal line. I'm wanting to YC the player. Yellow want to take a quick tap, make 30 metres and then I penalise them for obstruction. Play has now stopped...
  16. Adam

RFU Senior Structured Season 2012/13

Does anyone have a copy that I could have? Additionally does anybody know what the protocol is for a level 8 club having a tour during the season? Are we able to make a weather weekend unavailable? Before you pipe up LLP I know we aren't promoted yet. We need to get 5 points out of a possible...
  17. Adam

Pink Panther Land

So I'm off to Durham for two exchanges this month. The first is this Saturday and the second on 24th March. Any information on these teams? Houghton vs. Hartlepool BBOB Jarrovians vs. South Tyneside College Looking at both matches the games were pretty close in their reverse fixtures. The...
  18. Adam

Non Compliance?

Level 9 league match. Away team (blue) are winning 20-17. Time has elapsed. Next time the ball goes dead it is no side. Physios are in attendance. The home team (red) have possession in their opponents' 22. They are retaining possession well and making progress towards the goal line. About 10...
  19. Adam

Greatest RWC Finalist of all time?

Just found this on iRB.com. They've ranked all 14 finalist teams. I'm slightly surprised by the result.
  20. Adam

Staying Alive!

New guidance has been issued for CPR by non-trained people. Here's a YouTube clip for people not able to view it. Or you could learn it properly.