Search results

1. TigerCraig

Kick Off Not Going 10 Metres

Law 8.7 (a) Any other player shall be penalised if they: Wilfully touch the ball from a kick off or drop-out before it has travelled ten metres forward in the field of play
  2. TigerCraig

not sure this is the best advertisement for rugby

Ok, team gets penalty with 90 seconds left trailing by 6 and take shot at goal to let time run out as a bonus point is all they need to qualify. I have no issues with any of it
  3. TigerCraig

not sure this is the best advertisement for rugby

Seems fine to me. No different to a team trailing by 8 when time is up and the oppos have scored 3 tries electing to tap and kick out to deny a bonus point chance rather than playing on
  4. TigerCraig

*Not* Respecting the kicker

I suppose it's a cultural difference. In Australia it's normal for spectators at all levels to shout at the opposition kicker and try to put them off
  5. TigerCraig

*Not* Respecting the kicker

Why? What has the spectator done wrong - assuming they weren't abusing ref or players
  6. TigerCraig

non contested "maul"

I also had some success when coaching my guys to just stand their ground shoulder to shoulder, not leave the lineout, not open a gap, but not bind - even to the extent of putting thei hands in the air and screaming "no bind, no maul" - we had already given ref a heads up, so quick calls of use...
  7. TigerCraig

non contested "maul"

Agree, but main difference is that the player being tackled can't dodge and is a sitting target for someone who can launch at their knee from 1m away As a hater of the maul from lineout [and a lover of the maul pull down ELV) I don't have any sympathy though I'm just surprised more teams don't...
  8. TigerCraig

non contested "maul"

Under 15 seems very late, we have lifting from U13
  9. TigerCraig

non contested "maul"

Say a coach decided to have his defenders at 2 and 4 in the line out to crouch down in a gridiron 3 point stance, with eyes not on the ball but on the potential catcher opposite. The second the opposition catchers feet touch the ground whichever one is opposite him springs forward and belts him...
  10. TigerCraig

Luke Pearce = Very impressive

Calm, good natured, talks through things sensibly and best of all uses the TMO for assistance not direction Really really good. I liked "OK, OK I don't need 13 voices"
  11. TigerCraig

The NZ Olympic 7's team being awesome team-mates of the rowers

https://fb.watch/769lipJA2o/
  12. TigerCraig

That's done it for me. Goodbye rugby I'm out

Australia v France. Most ridiculous decision, and not entirely the ref's fault
  13. TigerCraig

NZ Schoolboy Rugby

https://fb.watch/5UjUtxX1Wh/ The NH people will obviously hate it, but just wow. Love the kids on the terraces
  14. TigerCraig

Rugby in Australia - not quite dead, but close

https://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/rugby-on-its-knees-after-broadcaster-walks-away/news-story/ae3803b3dbb37a2efc0cb7f86794eb7a Thank God (sorry I might get banned) for Shute Shield
  15. TigerCraig

[Law] Folau’s online comments have taken a turn for the worse.

They didnt like it up them Mr Mainwairing
  16. TigerCraig

[Ruck] Scrum halves playing the ball back with their foot from the side of the ruck

As we saw 1000 times last night we have elongated rucks giving scrum halves room to set for box kicks Scrum halves, especially the Welshman Davies, are coming in front of the last feet, not bound to the ruck and are playing the ball back with their feet until ready to pick up and kick. Surely...
  17. TigerCraig

Most boring WC semi ever?

Yawn. Thank god i taped it and watched on delay so I coud ff through the most boring bits. Didnt leave much
  18. TigerCraig

How refreshing is this Japanese play??

Think SA will get up but great fun to watch
  19. TigerCraig

Conflicted, bur my money looking safe so far

Had the $$ on England 12+ doubled into NZ 15+