Search results

1. ianh5979

Scrum on halfway

Defending team put it back into 22, unless you saw the attacking teams hooker kick it forward on the feed (which never happens anymore)
  2. ianh5979

Scrum on halfway

no, blue put the ball into their own half, same as if they passed it back
  3. ianh5979

Ref and TJ not on same page

You are the only judge of fact, disallow the conversion
  4. ianh5979

[Maul] sliding back

My understanding of the long transfer was the jumper at a lineout brings the ball down and holds it at arms length away, one of his/her teammates then takes the ball and then drives forward into the initial ball carrier (who should be offside now as he wasn't in contact when the ball was...
  5. ianh5979

HIA and YC on same player

IMO the yellow card would take preference so he is off the field, no replacement and he can have the HIA during the sin bin time, once the sin bin time is up and if he has not finished the HIA (as they are allowed up to 15 minutes) or failed it he can be replaced
  6. ianh5979

Fdk, deliberate pass into an opponent (?)

When I watched the game you could hear the ref clearly say to SA scrum half don't try to milk a penalty, and the player in position to take a drop kick was in a totally different passing lane
  7. ianh5979

Hmmmm

For me it does give the thrower an advantage, he is quicker to the subsequent driving maul, not by much but at that level inches or seconds matter
  8. ianh5979

The ball hit by a tent or tree outside the field.

When you type a reply, on the top line are various icons, smiley face one should give you all you need
  9. ianh5979

The ball hit by a tent or tree outside the field.

Surely this one is easy, after being hit by a ball if it moves its alive if it doesn't its dead😆
  10. ianh5979

Crooked Feed!!!!

Does anyone think the tight head should have been penalised first for forcing the loose heads elbow down so low that he actually blocked the tunnel so the SH couldn't put the ball in straight.
  11. ianh5979

Maul - BC Knees Go to Ground

I would agree with you, if he flopped on the player penalty against him, if he had already wrapped the ball carrier up and went to ground with him unsuccessful maul, scrum turnover
  12. ianh5979

[Law] Ball hits the spider cam

far too sensible!!
  13. ianh5979

How do we report spam?

Can see the button in your post Dave. Is it spam!! can I report it!!
  14. ianh5979

50:22 from a free kick

I cant see any mark being taken as a place kick, but if they take a place kick from any free kick, if the ball bounces into touch as a 50:22 has to, I would allow it
  15. ianh5979

50:22 from a free kick

yes
  16. ianh5979

Where are you this weekend - 2022/23?

I once did do that, told captains that appeals etc were too much as I was trying to play advantage, so for next 5 minutes I would blow immediately for any offense, after 5 minutes another chat with captains asking how they liked the new wat it was refereed. They agreed to shut down all chat as...
  17. ianh5979

Charge down, teammate in front picks up ball and runs

Blue player is offside under 10 metre law and has to retreat until put onside by an onside team mate
  18. ianh5979

Quick Line-out question

You are correct, a quick throw has to be taken on the line of touch or behind it
  19. ianh5979

Quick tap, defenders have not retreated 10m.

Normally a referee will walk at a reasonable pace and the team can only take the new penalty once the referee has made a mark at the site of the new penalty. ( which is where the myth of can't take a quick tap a second time comes from)
  20. ianh5979

Should Refs Only Wear Black Shorts?

If all they have to complain about is the colour of your shorts that's a good assessment?