Search results

1. ianh5979

Quickly taken lineout

Interesting one in my game today, Ball kicked into touch by black, hits a spectator and bounces back to blue player, who moved to correct line of touch and threw the ball in (straight ) to a team mate, black complained because it hit a spectator so blue couldn't take a quick throw. I was happy...
  2. ianh5979

Ball accidentally passed into touch

What is the correct decision when a ball is passed into touch? It was not done deliberately (as it was passed by a centre to his winger but went behind him and bounced into touch) and was not thrown forward. I gave the lineout but my assessor insisted I should have given the option of a scrum or...
  3. ianh5979

referee level

Robert are we going to get back the referee levels on the forum listings as i find it useful to know the level of the people giving advise
  4. ianh5979

1st exchange assessment of season

Yorkshire Society Adviser Report Form 2010-11 Referee Ianh5979 Referee’s Level 10 Society North Yorks Date 12-2-11 Home Team ******* 20pts v Away Team ****** 14 pts Description of the Match and its challenge for the Referee Game...
  5. ianh5979

odds for this weeks matches

Are any odds being put up for this weeks 6 nations matches?
  6. ianh5979

1st Lions match

Did anyone else notice the Royals scrum half spending all his time offside at Lions scrums going at least 1 yard past the No8 blocking off one passing lane? How could a TO3 miss this all the time?
  7. ianh5979

Using feet in a ruck

I had a good laugh in my game yesterday in a level 12 game along with several players as a scrum half complained bitterly that one of the opposition players was hooking the ball back in a ruck with his feet. Had to point out to him at the next scrum that it was a legal action at a ruck as he...
  8. ianh5979

Blood replacement

I was doing a level 10 league game yesterday when 1 side who had used their 3 subs lost a player for a while to a blood injury. I read somewhere that a substituted player could be used as a blood replacement but only for the 15 minutes allowed then he would also have to leave if the original...