Search results

1. PeterH

Top 14 Final on TV

TV5 website says it is on Sky (http://www.tv5.org/cms/eng/Programmes/p-23740-lg3-RUGBY-TOP-14.htm?prg_id=524711&) Sky guide says "Non" The semi Toulon-Toulouse was ON ... anyone know?
  2. PeterH

UK - Which channels are showing European rugby

Up to now I have subscribed to SKy Sports and ESPN (in HD) so I can watch both GP and Top14 rugby... Great I am very confused this season... Has anyone got up to date info on "who" is showing "what" and whether I need to swap ESPN for Setanta UK (or whatever it's called)
  3. PeterH

Law Amendment Trials

IRB Council Approved Law Amendment Trials The following Law amendments have been approved for global trial by IRB Council. The implementation dates are the start of the next Northern Hemisphere season at, or around, September 1, 2012, and the start of the next Southern Hemisphere season at, or...
  4. PeterH

My trip to Devon... comments?

REFEREE ASSESSMENT FORM 2010-11 NAME OF REFEREE PETER HOUGHTON LEVEL: 7 SOCIETY: LIVERPOOL MATCH TYPE: LEAGUE LEVEL: 7 DATE: xxx MATCH RESULT: RED TEAM1ST XV (14 pts ) -v- YELLOW TEAM 1ST XV (14 pts)...
  5. PeterH

Premiership clubs hit hard by RWC?

Looks like the clubs taking a battering are the those supplying the bulk of the RWC England squad - obvious I know ... But my point, I cannot believe that funding is equal despite Newcastle and Worcester supplying no england players... Pos Team Pts 1 Harlequins 17 2 Saracens 14 3 Exeter Chiefs...
  6. PeterH

Pitch cordon and marked areas

I have been asked what the current state of play is regarding cordoning off the pitch and marked areas for subs and coaches are: Anyone got this in a doc?
  7. PeterH

Secretary role advice

As the new secretary of my Soc - I need some assistance.. What systems do you guys use? What is the invaluable advice you were given when you started? What is the key work you do? What is the worst part :) ? I know every Soc might be different - but i am getting nowhere asking the previous Sec...
  8. PeterH

Brian Moore - you have to smile

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/9176198.stm Watch the top one - but scroll to the bottom
  9. PeterH

Latest report

YORKSHIRE FEDERATION ASSESSOR’S REPORT FORM 2010-11 REFEREE: Peter Houghton Level 7 Liverpool Society ASSESSOR: xxxxx DATE: 02.10.10 MATCH RESULT: S 18 v B 17 GAME LEVEL 7 OBJECTIVES: Please list the objectives agreed with the referee prior to the match. These should ideally be established...
  10. PeterH

Latest report

This was my trip to SW last weekend... Great game - pretty fast and open at times Gutted at MD - thought I had a G ================================================ RFU REFEREE REFEREE ASSESSMENT FORM 2 NAME OF REFEREE: P. Houghton LEVEL: 7 SOCIETY: Liverpool MATCH TYPE: xxxxxxxxxx LEVEL...
  11. PeterH

Printed shirt supplier... know a good one?

See these pics as examples - about 6 refs need a printed kit like the following for our 2011 tour. A bit like this: But we loved these I am ignoring these 2 members of the whistling fraternity :)
  12. PeterH

Quick throw - who the ball touches ...

I have just read the thread on the "hands on ball" and was wandering around the web sites before I go off the AR i the Lancs Cup later today when I saw this... http://www.rugby365.com/tournaments/super14/news/2340090.htm The key bit is the AR copping it on the chin for "Williamson allowed...
  13. PeterH

Ospreys - Scarlets - ball falls over in run up to kick...

I have had 2 texts on this from mates... ============== Biggar had the chance to put the Ospreys into the lead with a 43-metre penalty in the third minute after the Scarlets were penalised for infringing offside following a chip from rookie scrum-half Tavis Knoyle. But the ball rolled off the...
  14. PeterH

Quiet and unassuming - me! :)

replaced with attachment
  15. PeterH

Ref's tour

I have been asked by a few mad fools at Liverpool if we (i.e. me) could organise a summer/end of season tour to somewhere warm in southern France or Italy (Spain/Portugal)... Thinking easyjettable - cheap digs Will be a mixed group - L9-L4 maybe half a dozen of us - looking to get 1 game each...
  16. PeterH

Definitive list of S14 law "application/views"

I know they work to the same laws as us... :rolleyes: But watching the games this weekend - I am confused as to what they are doing different is some cases... Does anyone have a list of what they are concentrating on - cos my head was hurting at times when I would/wouldn't have blown (or...
  17. PeterH

Hmmm - Stephen Jones' forgotten laws

From this week's Rolling Mail email... The top 10 laws and bylaws that no referees bother with anymore 1. Put the ball in straight into the scrum: Forgotten. The ball is now fed diagonally towards the second row. 2. Throw the ball in straight to the line-out: No-one ever bothers. You just bung...
  18. PeterH

Very funny - Ireland unveil new Puma shirts...

This is a clip of POC losing it completely when talking to a crowd of journos about the new strip Awful sound quality (a blessing) but Darcy lets rip and he hears it - BOD doesnt and this deserves to be on TV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DQaz66SjUs Apologies if you dont think it suitable -...
  19. PeterH

Equalising U19 scrums post YC

Sorry for long title... couldn't think of a better one. I am slightly confused here obviously... Last week - I YC'd a back in a U19 game... now bear in mind I rarely ref anything except seniors and was asked about 9:30 on Sunday morning to cover this one... The miscreant's team then wanted to...
  20. PeterH

Is it a groundswell or a lone lunatic?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/abysmal-decisions-sour-the-game-for-neutrals-1387025.html?r=RSS I don't want to criticise the refs involved - but I have to agree with the article somewhat... we all know the elite game is different - but here's my question - should it be?