Search results

1. J

USA Sevens

December 6, 2007, Boulder, Colo. -- USA Rugby’s Sevens Referee Manager Patrick McNally officially announced today the referee and touch judge appointments for the 2008 USA Sevens event in San Diego. As the culmination of the 2007 Sevens Referee Development program, Patrick McNally, in...
  2. J

For enjoyment sake only....

Not trying to stir anything up but this is creative and funny..... to keep things in stride, here is one for aussies as well!
  3. J

SA vs NZ

Both Tri Nations matches so far, in my opinion, have been boring examples of what International Rugby has become. The breakdown is a mess, leading to slow ball, and players just flopping on the ball, and others on the ground. Now, both of SA matches while boring, I thought the Blue Bulls vs...
  4. J

Advantage?

Black is ahead of Red 19-12 with less than a minute to play. Red has ball within 22 M. Red 5 passes to Red 10 and after the pass Black 10 hits Red 5 late and high taking him out of play. Late hit was not seen but red player on ground holding his throat is, so on assumption of a late hit, play...
  5. J

HELP!!! Need Pictures

I need pictures of the worse TJ's possible Shirtless, Holding a bottle of beer, not paying attention....if anyone has some or has a link to them, can you please email me Rugbyreferee@aol.com Thanks Judah
  6. J

NA4

I was just appointed to the NA4 as a TJ for the week. Ten days in Vancouver at an IRB sponsored event in an official capacity. Pretty Psyched. 3 games, plus all the coaching that goes with it...
  7. J

USA Collegiate Sweet 16's

Returned last night from Penn State University Refereed Consolation Mens Match on Saturday, Tennesee vs Purdue. Great match, 43-22. Tennesee dominated the first half, but Purdue played a very strong second half, and put some points on the board. Great spirit by both teams, except Tennesee's...
  8. J

Advantage not gained or penalty?

Two scenarios, very similar, however quite different. I am refraining from adding my opinion at first. From a scrum at the halfway line, Red 9 passes to Red 10 who knocks it on. Red 7 is in front of Red 10, so he is offside, and plays the ball, preventing Blue 7 from playing the ball and...
  9. J

New Haven vs Long Island

Happy Reading!!!
  10. J

Dutch National Sevens and Heineken Amsterdam Sevens

May 10 I leave for Amsterdam, where I have been invited to referee at the Dutch National Sevens Championships and the Heineken Amsterdam sevens.
  11. J

Judah Match Report From Scotland w/ Assessor Comments

Kelso Second XV 17 Hawick Linden 18 Friday evening match under the floodlights at Kelso Rugby Club. Arrived and changed in the referee changing room. Pitch was full size and properly lined. As kickoff time approached the stands began to fill in. The fifteen minutes was marred by sloppy play...
  12. J

Scottish Borders

I am off tomorrow for Scottish Borders.... We land Thursday AM and Thursday PM I am running touch in the Melrose vs Kelso Borders League match, so no wasting time for me to get my feet wet on Scottish Soil, and that's literally based on the rain they have been getting. There is much rugby in...
  13. J

Scotland vs Ireland

I am going to be in Scotland the weekend of this match, and the ref society hosting us was unable to get tickets to the match.....anyone have any extras and willing to part with them?
  14. J

English School Systems and Teaching requirements

Curiousity has me.... How is the school system set up in England? What levels correspond to US high Schools? What levels correspond to college? I teach at a community college here in the states, basically freshman and sophmore year, does the UK have a similar system? What requirements are...
  15. J

Going to Borders on Exchange

So it is now official....I am heading to Borders on exchange from March 8-18! Looking forward to it! J
  16. J

What referee's think when people whine

This was in this months Rugby Magazine's referee profile of Mr. Rob Perle, a former Super League player from New York, who retired from playing and is now a referee in a neighboring society....great stuff Worst thing about refereeing: Whining from the players. Second worst thing about...
  17. J

USA Women's D1 National Playoffs

Well I returned yesterday from Columbia, SC and first off the weather was gorgeous the entire weekend. High 60's, low 70's with clear blue skies, and slight wind both days, made a perfect setting for rugby. On Saturday I had teh Atlanta Harlequins, who had 5 eagles on the side, versus Emerald...
  18. J

USA National Women's Championships

So I found out today I was appointed to the National DI Womens Championships PLayoffs Oct 28-29 in South Carolina! Now I have to make sure I don't suck!
  19. J

Medical Persons at the field

Friday night I reffed a low division college match. Halfway into 2nd half, one of the players started haveing a seizure after being struck in the head in a ruck. Luckily the team had EMT's at the field who stabilized the player, and called paramedics. Follow-up, Player is okay, never had a...
  20. J

Penalty Try In Wrwc

Kudos to Simon McDowell who is the second half of the World Cup final awarded a penalty try to England, after NZ collapsed two driving scrums 5 M out. Very ballsy thing to do in an international, never mind a final of a world cup. Well done!!! Now I would have given him the BIG brass balls...