Search results

1. N

Force v Sharks

end of first half sharks ask ref if can put 22 ko direct into touch ref says yes they do ref blows half time remember Scot v wales after this there was a law clarification relating to a kick off after a score if done intentionally in the opinion of ref can offer FK logically this should also...
  2. N

Paddy Kenny Drugs ban

I know it is footy but following on from my previous rantings on drugs ephedrine!! its what you take to unblock your nose when you have a cold it cant possible make him play footy better cant understand why it is banned ok he should have known better prof sportsman etc BUT its a total and utter...
  3. N

aus v sa matfield as receiver

Aus v sa 4 man line out with matfield in receiver (SH) position enters lineout BEFORE put in obviously planned but surely illegal comments?
  4. N

ruck goes back into 22 kick to touch straight in where is the lineout

came in todays SA v Aus game aus had ball ruck formed ruck then gets pushed back into aus 22 rolland called taken back into 22 kick by aus goes direct to touch after discussion i think with touch judge roland actually allows line out where ball went in to touch rather than where kicked from i...
  5. N

Pseudo Tackler with hands on ball at tackle

Could someone please clarify blue tackles red, in such a way that his hands are also on ball as wll as red red goes to ground on to his knee say so he is tackled blue stays on feet so he is not a tackler to play ball he should release player and go thru gate however if ble is still holding...
  6. N

QT when is the lineout formed so that QT cant take place?

i assume that oppo needs 2 players in lineout for a lineout to be formed therefore QT can occur if this is not the case am i correct?
  7. N

touch in goal

Leinster v Munster today o gara for munster kicks ball into in goal defender for leinster picks up ball with one foot in touch-in-goal scrum to leinster at place of kick i assume that the law regarding touch is that, as player picks up the ball with foot in touch, ball is imediately in touch...
  8. N

Handling coaches U-16 level

U-16 game today 2 excellent sides quite a feisty game at beginning of game spoke to both captains in front of their coaches told them that they were in charge of their teams and also that any problems with coaches/parents on the touchline i would expect them to deal with it good or bad idea...
  9. N

charge down kick into in goal

U-14 game today excellent ref, we lost but great game fly half kicked from just outside in goal charged down ball went into in goal our centre picked up and carried over dead ball line ref gave scrum 5 to oppo said player had elected to play ball i felt should have been 22 KO what do others...
  10. N

Hand Off - when is it foul play?

gents a bit of advice please game today level 13 a bit feisty but ended in good spirit one incident where a player handed off another with his palm but very firmly into the face penalty or not?