Search results

1. J

Forward pass

Watching the champions match yesterday bristol v Worcester. Wayne Barnes replied, after awarding a forward pass, that it doesn't matter how the hands are it now matters where the ball goes.
  2. J

Picamoles applause

Have I heard right, that he has been dropped by the French, now that is something to be applauded :smile:
  3. J

#8 reaching in the scrum

Blue pack win the ball, with a shove about 1m ref shouts hold,and they do. Ball is at the 2nd row. 8 unbinds and reaches into grab the ball, eventually pulls it out and runs. Question is, can he do that, if so when is the scrum over? Or when can everyone else unbind
  4. J

hand off othe face, dangerous play at U 13

for my sins, ref an U13 on Sunday:hap: coach came to me after match with "no hand off to the face at this age " I asked for him to show me.... bring on i-phone shows me u 13 regulation about hand off to the face as being dangerous:sad: had a look today but can't find it.. anyone care to help
  5. J

Yr 7 are they U12?

I've been asked to ref a yr 7 match. Now they are u12. so should play Midi, (in RFUland) or do they play junior rugby at school?
  6. J

ball going 10 at the restart

I've always thought that the ball can land short of the 10m line and roll over for a legal restart, and you can gruber kick it as long as it is a drop kick?
  7. J

Taking a running throw.

Had a young lad throwing the ball in on Sunday with a run up. He didn't step into the FOP untill he had released the ball. Oppo coach saying he should be stationary. I allowed play to continue. However i had to look up the law book, couldn't find any law to not allow it. Is it a rare urban...
  8. J

tackler has to release

The onus is on the tackler to release the ball carrier first. However law 22.10(appoliges for using 2009 book) states you can, in the in goal.(ball heldup in goal) What about a tackle just before the try line, or on it? and would anybody be brave enough to award a penalty try? for not releasing.
  9. J

What age can you start to ref

Apologies, I know I have read it somewhere but I can't find it. Teenage knowall son thinks he could ref.,( has even ask to do a ELRA as a birthday presant.. a bit sad I know). but at what age can he? is there any legal issues, responsibilities for players. What experiences have other young ref...
  10. J

Maul wrestling

Red takes ball into contact with blue, stay on feet, red & blue team mates join & forms maul. happy so far. blue releases and grabs for the ball. red & blue wrestling for the ball. question has blue commited an offence i.e not bound onto a player in a maul?
  11. J

Age groups

Has any one heard about the age groups changing from the academic year to birth years. They(from a club in Sunbury), belive Ireland have already changed or doing so. :chin: So it might cause confusion when they tour there. Has there been any SH tours that have encouted any age probems
  12. J

kick the ball dead

U 12s playing on half a pitch, blue side defending, kicks the ball up field bouces over the dead ball line. ref allows reds option 22/16 kick or scum at place of kick? picked scum as it was 10m from goal line. was that correct ?