Search results

1. taff426

Really? Two questions........

So, 2 questions..... 1. Referee apparently wearing leggings...... Should this be allowed (only after opinions please gents, I am in no way looking to abuse or demean the referee) 2. Would you have given a knock on? (I will give ,y view later on after the general consensus have answered)...
  2. taff426

Self doubt requiring clearing up...........

Refereed a game last week, a thoroughly enjoyable fixture it must be said, however, the scenario below is my only downside to the game....... Greens are trying to get out of their own 22 when they knock on 15m from their own try line. I play advantage, reds then start attacking. 6m from the...
  3. taff426

When can the throw be taken?

Refereeing a 7's tournament and had an irate coach get rather excited at me at one stage, and I have been questioning my decision since, help..... Blues attacking when ball goes into touch, ball was touched by spectator so no quick throw. As soon as 2 players from each team arrive he tells his...
  4. taff426

Off side from the charge down.

An issue occurred within the Blues v Scarlets fixture today which left me slightly confused. Blues kick from hand, charged down bye Scarlets, with a player in front of the player who charged down. The charged ball was then played by the originally kicker, to the player in front of the charger...
  5. taff426

What would you have done?

Gents, would like to double check myself and my reaction today. Home team, have a full squad, massively favourites for the game, away team have just about managed to scrape a minimum 15. Anyway, as you can imagine its one way traffic, with one particular individual from the away team becoming...
  6. taff426

Freaky injuries

Nothing worse than getting taken out. Had 2 injuries to the lower limbs through rugby, first was a broken ankle whilst playing The second whilst refereeing which resulted in a grade 2 tear to my Medial Collateral Ligament. Neither of which was a wholly satisfying incident may I add. Good...
  7. taff426

Questionable New Kit for Fall Season

Not the most flattering of strips I'm sure you'll agree......... Granted, due to a torn MCL I had put a few pounds on before this pic........
  8. taff426

Match Day Food

Help............. I've been struggling so far thi season with my match day food. I am getting to the 60th minute and my energy reserves just seem to die on me. This isn't a matter of me being unfit, I am able to keep going for the 80 minutes. I'm positive it's to do with my diet as during...
  9. taff426

Lineout - Ball not going five.

Right, could my learned friends here please answer a debate between me and my assessor. Both teams line up for throw in, black thow. As throw is taken black font lifte steps back into 5m channel, taking jumper with him. Black wins lineout. I blow my whistle, award free kick on 15m line to the...
  10. taff426

Tree interfering!

Had a wierd one today in my game. Blues have a PK, opt for posts. The kick goes wide, however, the ball hits the branches of a overhanging tree, preventing the ball from going dead (very short in goal area). The ball lands in play. Defending team (green) then touch the ball down. I awarded a...
  11. taff426

Lifting Straps

http://www.kooga-rugby.com/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/product.aspx?group1=PROT&group2=BARM&group3=*EMPTY&product=22300 Gents, opinions please. After looking at the link above, can any of you see any reason why they can't be worn? Personally I can't see any problems.
  12. taff426

Pre Season Training

Well, here we go again. Pre Season Training. With my first game only 2 weeks away i am starting my season 4 weeks earlier than normal!!! :eek: Out of curiosity, what sort of pre season training do you guys do?
  13. taff426

Over familiarity?

I was watching the Wasps v Bath game the other night and noticed Wayne Barnes was calling a lot of the players by their first name, also Nigel Owens does, which got me thinking. Following an assessment a few weeks ago I was told not to call players by their first name as it was being over...
  14. taff426

Help Please!!!!!

Gents, I am trying to fill out my paperwork fro the weekend regarding a red card I issued (1 of 3 to the same team!!!!!). I sent a player off for threatening me, however, I can't find the relevant law in the good book. Can you help please?
  15. taff426

Free kick directly into touch

Gents, apologies for insulting your intelligence with this, however I am having a right brain fart today :wow: and for the life of me cannot find the answer in the good book! :Nerv: Reds awarded FK OUTSIDE 22. They opt to kick to touch, I'm happy they concede posession if it goes dead...
  16. taff426

Correct decision?

Blacks attacking, kick forward ball goes into the in goal area, yellows race back, pick the ball up and carry it over the dead ball line (back line of in goal area). I awarded an attacking 5m scrum to blacks as the ball was made dead by yellows. Looking back I think I was wrong and should have...
  17. taff426

First L9 Assessment

Description of the Match: A cool, damp evening, no wind. Scrums were about even, although props rarely bound correctly immediately after engagement. Green put in some good driving mauls, which rarely ended effectively. Lineout drills were simple; Green much the better. Individual handling skills...
  18. taff426

Game Managment

Gents, I have come across a conundrum this season regarding youth Matches. I have refereed quite a few Youth matches this season, and each match has seen me produce at least 2 :yc: per match, with a few :rc: also for repeated technical offences. I have spoke to both captains as part of the...
  19. taff426

Squeeze Ball, Legal or not????

Gents, Could someone please try to clear up the legality of the squeeze ball please. I was always under the impression that the squeeze ball was illegal, however, it was 'allowed' in certain positions, i.e, if the opposition are not contesting the ball in the ruck situation :confused:, which...
  20. taff426

Players in the 5m channel

Match played between Green v Yellow. Yellows awarded throw, Greens place a person in the 5m channel as per the LoTG, also, Yellow place a person in the channel. I told him he wasn't allowed in the channel as it was his throw. He claimed he had been doing it all last season and had never been...